Notices

castlefan

Old 07-08-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

castlefan

This forum seems more and more like a clique to me. I think there are nice peope who to try to help others, but some people get really the mother load who ( forgive me) aren't trying that hard. It has really turned me off. Tired of the "stars" taking center stage. It was really good year ago. and Dee is an Angel, but it's gotten out of control. I have to leave - wish everyone the best.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by castlefan View Post
This forum seems more and more like a clique to me. I think there are nice peope who to try to help others, but some people get really the mother load who ( forgive me) aren't trying that hard. It has really turned me off. Tired of the "stars" taking center stage. It was really good year ago. and Dee is an Angel, but it's gotten out of control. I have to leave - wish everyone the best.
Have you ventured to other sections of the website? I don't post a ton in the Newcomers section, save a few people's threads that a topic either jumps out or I have developed a relationship with them.

Depending upon the program you are working there are several other sections including 12 step, alcoholism, drug addiction, metal health, working out, non secular. Those other sections are more targeted too.

I think Newcomers gets the catch all and most traffic as the herd thins over time.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you jd - it does annoy me (and triggers) those who come here and drink and are not that bothered by it - I pretty much lost everything. It's a huge deal to me. I'm out but I appreciate your post and will always respect Dee. I honestly don't think some have any idea of what it on the line.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-08-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So you're willing to sacrifice the benefits of the whole Forum due to 1 person amongst thousands? surely SR deserves more credit than that?!!
Old 07-08-2014, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stars rule even if they aren't that committed to being sober. It is pretty sad how some posts get boatlods of posts and other gets a few. Done. Really done. Dee, I respect you. Done.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

We don't usually allow goodbye threads castlefan, but I wanted to address some things.

First off, don't let your addiction tell you that you're being ignored.

You're really not - but if you post in the middle of someone else's thread like you did originally here, you're likely not to get many responses

Don't let it persuade you others are getting more attention.
Attention and support is not limited - there's an inexhaustible supply here

Relapse threads do get a lot of attention, particularly if it's a long term member - because long term members make relationships, & because we respond to a crisis...thats what we do....but if you need support? Do start a thread and ask for it.

I know relapse threads are a problem for you - you had a thread on this before - but the fact is you're gonna see them around here.

Maybe not reading those threads would be better for you?

I know you were posting in Class of June thread - why not pick that up again, or post in the Under One Year thread?

Don't let your addiction put you down, or even worse make you resent other posters. Those are prime relapse triggers right there - be aware of whats going on.

I hope you stay - I really believe in this place, but like anything you'll get out of SR what you put in castlefan

D
Old 07-08-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you jd - it does annoy me (and triggers) those who come here and drink and are not that bothered by it - I pretty much lost everything. It's a huge deal to me. I'm out but I appreciate your post and will always respect Dee. I honestly don't think some have any idea of what it on the line.
I understand how a post can bother you, but surely you realize a post does not get you drunk. You do. Sometimes, we rationalize our decisions based on tricking ourselves...like rationalizing a relapse because someone is talking about a relapse. We don't relapse bc of anyone else, we relapse for a varity of reason but most because we don't have an adequate support system to cope with whatever we are dealing with in real time. That is my experience though.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I know you were posting in Class of June thread - why not pick that up again, or post in the Under One Year thread?

Yes, Castlefan! We would love to have you in the "Undies!"
Old 07-08-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you Dee for explaining things so well & kindly.

Castlefan - I hope you won't go. Give it another shot.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

There's times when it's just got to be said. The truth that is.

castlefan, you contributed 25 posts in two year's time. You get out of something what you put in. If all you've done is lurk and judge then you've totally missed the point of these forums.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stars rule even if they aren't that committed to being sober. It is pretty sad how some posts get boatlods of posts and other gets a few. Done. Really done. Dee, I respect you. Done.
I made this thread for you to talk about you castleford, not other members.

Resentment and jealousy are hallmarks of everyone's addiction - certainly of mine - feeling hard done by, ignored, jealous, or screwed over pushed me back to drinking time and again.

can you see where I'm coming from with this, castlefan?

D
Old 07-08-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Come on man, you know the rules, what's the deal?
Old 07-08-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I never got a chance to know more of you, but I would love it if you would stay so I could.

Take care
Old 07-08-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Castlefan, stick around and post more and be active. You'll see everyone wants what's best for eachother. I've only been here a few weeks but comment and post like crazy. I feel I've got friends here already. I hope you stick around. Best wishes!