Notices

I've finally had enough

Old 07-08-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've finally had enough

Just wanted to put it out there, that this alcoholism thing has finally got me beat. That is, the daily heavy drinking has finally beaten me down to the point where I just can't do it anymore. I am so exhausted and hung over and I just can't keep up with life, emotionally, spiritually, physically. I can no longer be a "functioning" alcoholic and so I am ready to quit.

Looking back, I always felt that I should quit, I had to quit, I would be happier and healthier if I would only quit... but now I'm really ready to quit. For myself, because I want more out of life that this miserable exhaustion.

trident
Old 07-08-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trident View Post
Looking back, I always felt that I should quit, I had to quit, I would be happier and healthier if I would only quit... but now I'm really ready to quit.
That's all part of the process. I think we all know for a very long time what we should do...but it takes awhile to actually be ready to do this thing. And it's a good thing! Not an easy thing but a worthwhile one.
Glad you found us. Welcome
Old 07-08-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It takes a lot of energy to keep 'functioning' when you're at that point. I felt like I was holding on to denial more and more because I knew that someday it was all going to fall apart and I had no faith that I could cope when it did.

Letting go, accepting the situation for what it was, was so liberating. It was as if I could breathe freely for the first time in years and I didn't feel continually anxious. Being ready is a huge step forward and should make the path a little easier for you.

All the best...
Old 07-08-2014, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great! You sound ready now. Lets do it together! Once I made up my mind that i was just not going to drink ever again things got a little bit easier. O hear ya! Being Hungover is terrible!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Trident,

Welcome aboard. I know for me there came a point where I was no longer a "functional" alcoholic. So many years I was just making it until finally it caught up to me. It was my time to quit, too. My final days found me with so much anxiety I could barely stand -- I needed to start drinking in the morning just to get myself going. I knew then it was the end. Many good things coming your way if you choose sobriety. I wish you the best.

Welcome!

Methodman
Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You can do this trident, you can make the changes and not have to feel like that ever again!!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I could have written your post. Alcohol beat me down to the point of nothingness. It won, I gave up and gave in.
I was a daily drinker, too. We can, and do, recover.
Best to you.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I've been there too Trident. There is a better way....why not join us?