SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   That One Last Bottle of Red! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/338220-one-last-bottle-red.html)

Kally1969 07-08-2014 06:05 AM

That One Last Bottle of Red!

Drs tomorrow for the results of a bowel scan I had taken 10days ago - necessary I imagine due to my alcohol consumption over the last two decades.
Furious with myself....for having that one last bottle excuse!!
Anyway, new to SoberRecovery...& determined NEVER to drink again after today.
Have looked at many threads today, & cried loads x Wishing everybody on this site...Happiness Hope & Good Health x
Kally

Croissant 07-08-2014 06:10 AM

Welcome Kally. Congratulations on taking a positive step.

Lots of support here and look forward to seeing you around! :)

DoubleDragons 07-08-2014 06:15 AM

Hi, Kally. I was a red drinker, too, and I had developed stomach ulcers. I am nine months sober and I drink a probiotic vitamin smoothie every day. My ulcers do not hurt anymore and sobriety is wonderful. :)

Kally1969 07-08-2014 06:17 AM

Thanks Croissant x

jezza 07-08-2014 06:17 AM

Hey Kally & welcome.... Loads of lovely people here at all hours of the day & night offering support... Try & stick at it here as it has made such a big difference to me in not picking up the bottle... Trawl through the threads you will learn a lot... Congrats on your decision... You can look forward to a happier & healthier life...

Mizzuno 07-08-2014 06:18 AM

Welcome. Wishing you the best at the doctor. Stay close and post often. One day at a time is all that it takes.

Kally1969 07-08-2014 06:22 AM

Double Dragons x Thanks for your reply - glad your condition is manageable & no longer causing you pain. Here's hopeful mine is somewhat similar, & I can reverse the damage done in some way - gave up drinking for over a year, & stupidly thought "oh I'll be ok now" uh uh...bad move, alas we live & learn! X

Kally1969 07-08-2014 06:23 AM

Thank You x

PurpleKnight 07-08-2014 07:09 AM

Welcome to the Forum Kally!! You'll fnd loads of support here!! :wave:

Nuudawn 07-08-2014 07:15 AM

Welcome Kally. Judging by your name suffix we are similar in age. This is a good place to help you tackle this thing. Lots of support and information here. Lots of folks who care and understand.

ScottFromWI 07-08-2014 08:22 AM

Welcome Cally. I did a lot of damage to my body over the decades I drank too - fortunately our bodies are very resilient to a point and things can get much better after you quit. Hope you can stick around and good luck at the doc.

doggonecarl 07-08-2014 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kally1969 (Post 4766445)
...determined NEVER to drink again after today.

The famous last words of many a failed recovery attempt. I drank for ten years quitting tomorrow. I succeeded when I quit "today."

If you mean never, mean it today!

Dee74 07-08-2014 04:56 PM

Hi and welcome Kally

There really is life, and hope, after drinking - I'm glad you found us- there's a lot of support and understanding here.

I hope you'll get a clean bill of health too :)

D