Notices

Good Morning SR

Old 07-07-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Reverse tolerance is usually a sign of late stage alcoholism and should be taken seriously as it can often precede liver damage. You should see your PCP.

Sometimes a form of reverse tolerance develops as a result of liver damage. In such an instance, the alcoholic appears to be easily intoxicated on a small dose that would rarely affect behavior earlier in the disease.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

No excuses here. Just a fact about exhaustion.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
LDT

( sigh ) ....Here goes.....

You have had so much amazing support, Raider.....more than a lot of folks here. I agree that your post comes off nonchalant and seems to minimize our disease. But thankfully it in no way does it triggers me. (If anything, it makes me stonger in my own sobriety.)

I've read your threads and it seems you have a lot of "reasons" to drink. ( Don't we all? ). But at some point we all have do the work. Just do that hard thing we all have to do, Raider. Because we know it doesn't get easier or better or somehow magically disappear. Continuing to drink doesn't "fix" our problems. We are alcoholics and we simply have to work harder at not drinking than other people.

Personally, sobriety is so beautiful to me that I am willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober. One day I hope you will, too.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have had multiple tests on liver, blood, pressure, heart, etcetera. They have found no damage.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I posted drunk. My bad. Will try not to do that again. I sincerely apologized for that. Not sure what else to say. I made a mistake. What else so you want from me?
Old 07-07-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Raider View Post
I made a mistake. What else so you want from me?
Whoa there Raider...you know that no one here wants anything other than for you to get better. We all have been there and know what it's like. The day after sucks whether you are physically hung over or not, the shame and dissapointment is palpable for all of us.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Raider, how about posting before you drink, maybe that will help keep you from drinking.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:07 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

well then, by all means take another Xanax and mix it with booze. Your bloodwork is normal!

do you see what you are saying? "I had 3 drinks and slept 11 hours", I was so peeved about HUBBY"S driving I had to self-medicate, then I drank because I could and decided to start a thread about it.

what would you be posting if your GGT/ GGTP was in the 400-600s?, if your eyes were yellow and you had to actually fend for yourself? did not HAVE a hubby to chauffer you around and play fetch and step with tee shirts while you do a sweaty home detox? (I give him credit for calling you on your sh!!, you are mean while you drink, that came through in your offensive thread).

this isn't a picnic for most of us (and I am sober since May 2011). I hope that you might see how to rectify yourself before things tip in the other direction and snowball.

I hope you can get real this time, however you plan to do it (I don't push programs as I've never used them, I got sober from the help here WHILE I ended a LTR and my mother was dying front and center in my face)
Old 07-07-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yes it is. Trying not to get defensive, but we say don't beat yourself up, pick yourself up and move on. Trying to do that. Trying not to beat myself up, but I don't need someone else to do it for me. I feel ****** enough.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

I posted drunk. My bad. Will try not to do that again. I sincerely apologized for that. Not sure what else to say. I made a mistake. What else so you want from me?

Hey Pam, don't worry about us, just get yourself sorted.
We only want what's best for you.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
LDT

When we say don't beat yourself up and move on, we mean that. Nothing is to be gained from us beating ourselves up.....But that is also not to be mistaken for sanctioning a free ticket to ride back into alcohell. The "forgive yourself" sentiment should never enable. Big difference there.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Everyone's journey is different and we are all at different stages in our sobriety. I don't think she meant to offend anyone, she even said so.

That being said, don't give up Raider. Keep trying until you find what works for you. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

An excerpt from today's horoscope at *****:

By Mark Lerner for Astrology .com

"There's a very old saying, in almost all civilizations, with the refrain that you can't always get what you want (with The Rolling Stones version, circa 1969). When the Moon travels through the eighth sign of the zodiac -- Scorpio -- it is wise to contemplate the above refrain as the tests, trials and tribulations that life throws at nearly everyone are often heightened when the lunar orb is enveloped by mysterious, secretive Scorpio..."
Old 07-07-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

lol, I give up.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
lol, I give up.
What's up my friend?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Yes it is. Trying not to get defensive, but we say don't beat yourself up, pick yourself up and move on. Trying to do that. Trying not to beat myself up, but I don't need someone else to do it for me. I feel ****** enough.
Pam dear Lady. If people could just get to the point of believing they do not ever want to feel ****** again. Then they could stop. I am an optimist. Please take care of yourself.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

In as much as Fandy's post ticked me off, there is some really good advice there.

Really good.

Not dressed up like lipstick on a pig.

THanks for your honest words Fandy. Just what I needed today.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Raider, thanks for sharing. SR has been a lifeline to me, so I would never begrudge anyone who sought it out, whether drunk or sober, no matter how many "day 1s" they had been through.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Prayers that this is the last day one
Old 07-07-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

However, I also think Fandy had some good advice (for ME at least). I try and remind myself at all times (a) of the improvements sobriety brings that become very EASY to take for GRANTED after a while and (b) how BAD rock bottom really is. I prefer thinking of (a); thinking of (b) makes me depressed, and I only recall those dark days if I really get worried that I've become complacent.