Notices

This morning, I drank

Old 07-06-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This morning, I drank

So I waited and waited the hours went by the holiday went by, I thought to myself you got this, I've been doing well challenging myself and feeling like I can do. Sadly, this morning I drank, I was on cloud 9 now I a know I am human and can fail.

Its was much alcohol, as a matter of fact, it was confined to a single can. However, I am glad I have regret, I am glad I realized I can't do that, and most of all I am glad I am sober again.

Alcoholism is complex, very complex, I don't know what drives my desires and I don't know why I value something, that has no value so much at times.

Often when I see relapse post I see grief and despair and depression. Let me tell you folks, there is no grief and despair or depression here, there is hope. Yes, I failed, yes I gave into temptation, but I learned even more about myself and this addiction. Nope! No grief, despair or depression here, only hope that one day, I find the answers to my addiction issues.

TDG here to say, I matter, we matter, slip, fall, whatever.... Learn from those moments, I am learning from mine, grow and keep up the good fight, this isn't your normal relapse post, this a post of positive thoughts and promise. I can't change what I've done, but I can learn and grow.

TDG here friends, stay safe and sober, and have a good day. I am not beating myself of for being human, and I hope nobody else does either. Thanks for reading
Old 07-06-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey TDG, it's in the past, go at it again and you'll get there!!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi TDG, yes you do matter. Glad to hear you're bouncing right back. I think most people on here have slipped, me included. Tomorrow is a new day. Sobriety can be yours. Best wishes!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

TDG...why did you pick up that can anyway? What was the ole AV telling you?
Old 07-06-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on your sobriety.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Thatdeliveryguy, FANTASTIC, rootin for ya.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometimes we have to know our limits. I know when I did relapse it was when I was over confident. Today is day 90. I think what is different this time is I set rules and can not break them. Change up your program. AA meetings, sponsor, 12 step. Sober buddy. Keep your head up friend. Welcome back
Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cunning, baffling and powerful, bro. I had a counselor tell me one when I had a 2 day relapse after fairly long sobriety that it was a therapeutic relapse. I wrestled with those words, thinking he was a fool for saying that, but in actuality it made me realize more things about myself and what to look out for.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

tough one TDG. Learn and grow from it.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
So I waited and waited the hours went by the holiday went by, I thought to myself you got this, I've been doing well challenging myself and feeling like I can do. Sadly, this morning I drank, I was on cloud 9 now I a know I am human and can fail.

Its was much alcohol, as a matter of fact, it was confined to a single can. However, I am glad I have regret, I am glad I realized I can't do that, and most of all I am glad I am sober again.

Alcoholism is complex, very complex, I don't know what drives my desires and I don't know why I value something, that has no value so much at times.

Often when I see relapse post I see grief and despair and depression. Let me tell you folks, there is no grief and despair or depression here, there is hope. Yes, I failed, yes I gave into temptation, but I learned even more about myself and this addiction. Nope! No grief, despair or depression here, only hope that one day, I find the answers to my addiction issues.

TDG here to say, I matter, we matter, slip, fall, whatever.... Learn from those moments, I am learning from mine, grow and keep up the good fight, this isn't your normal relapse post, this a post of positive thoughts and promise. I can't change what I've done, but I can learn and grow.

TDG here friends, stay safe and sober, and have a good day. I am not beating myself of for being human, and I hope nobody else does either. Thanks for reading

I just want to say reading this gave me hope to continue fighting into my addiction. I finally admit to myself that I have a problem and now I'm starting to take the steps for the recovery. Its never been easy but I will stick to the hope.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey TDG

I don't believe that one has to relapse to learn stuff, but many of us did it that cackhanded way.

I agree there's no point in beating yourself up or wallowing.....

but do look over what happened and why - it could be very instructive for the next time you feel tested or vulnerable.

Also think about what you've been doing to stay sober - then think about what more you could add. The stronger your foundations are the better off you'll be

D
Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you got right back on the horse, TDG!! Learn and move forward ... most of us have been there.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

TDG ,
hey man i'm glad your back . I picked up on the words challenging yourself , some people here in the past have kept beers in the fridge or in the cupboard and seem to goad their sobriety with it .

For me that kinda challenge isn't worth it , i happily keep a long way from the edge these days

I don't know how you ended up with that beer in your hand but i thought i'd share what i'd seen and heard before and just ask the question as the wording seemed unusual .

Keep on living and learning

Bestwishes, m