Notices

i been trying to get sober cold turkey since 3rd

Old 07-06-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i been trying to get sober cold turkey since 3rd

a little about me i broke my back and was prescribed 180mg oxycodone a day for 2 years i tapered down to 90mg a day come thursday and just quit cold turkey.i am having such a hard time i feel like i can't take another day of the withdrawals.the hot cold sweats,RLS,diarrhea,and most of of the thoughts of giving in to the pills to make this go away.i have no support no one left in my life that the pills didn't push away.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you been to your GP? When I went to the doctor they told me how long the withdrawals should roughly last and I found it super comforting to know that if I rode it out, I'd be okay.
Withdrawal is horrible, but it gets better. Really.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

You've got us now. If you haven't been, there are forums specific to drug habits farther down the page. I'm not saying leave here, just add those to your reading.

Welcome to 24/7/365 support.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

The withdrawals won't last forever, you only have to go through this once and never again, try to focus on the reasons why you're making the changes in your life, hold on to those as things will ease with time, a little easier with each day.

You'll find loads of support here on SR too, there's usually someone around 24/7!!
Old 07-06-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by want2besober781 View Post
a little about me i broke my back and was prescribed 180mg oxycodone a day for 2 years i tapered down to 90mg a day come thursday and just quit cold turkey.i am having such a hard time i feel like i can't take another day of the withdrawals.the hot cold sweats,RLS,diarrhea,and most of of the thoughts of giving in to the pills to make this go away.i have no support no one left in my life that the pills didn't push away.
I would consider consulting a doctor or going to a detox. A few people in my IOP are there for oxy's and they said the withdrawal was pretty brutal. I think they were in detox for it... just be careful.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Want2,

I see you're from Weymouth, I grew up in Weymouth.

I would suggest a detox for OC's, its dangerous to stop on your own. Try SECAP in Brighton at St Elizabeths hospital or NorCap in Foxborough, they both take insurance.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thank u guys.im very strong physically and mentally i have had my mind set i have been clean 72hrs as of now.I got some sun today still can't hold down any food been 72hrs no food ahhhhhh.my mind is racing i think I'm through the worse of this but i dunno.when and what can i try to eat that won't just come right up.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would get medical help. Oxy isn't anything to mess with.

If you can't eat you aren't really healing and it's going to make it worse. Check those medical centers NewLife77 told you about.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

thank u guys.im very strong physically and mentally i have had my mind set i have been clean 72hrs as of now.I got some sun today still can't hold down any food been 72hrs no food ahhhhhh.my mind is racing i think I'm through the worse of this but i dunno.when and what can i try to eat that won't just come right up.
Saltines, Grits/cream of wheat/cream of rice, clear broth/bullion,powerade/gatorade, ginger ale