Notices

New to site - New Life

Old 07-05-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to site - New Life

Hello! I'm new to this site, and I'm really excited to use the app I found online. I'm a 35 year old female, but I feel so much older... Quite ancient really! Alcohol has truly destroyed my life. I lost a lot, including almost losing my freedom within the last 2 years, but I'm slowly building a new life - I'm worth it, right?!

At this time I'm struggling as a mother. My children now live with their father, I have supervised monthly visitation with my 12 year old, and my oldest son hasn't spoken to be in almost a year! I can withstand a lot, but losing my children and dealing with those emotions while sober has been excruciating. I've missed out on so much, but I'm so hopeful that things will turn around. I'm determined to turn things around!! It's still hard...
Old 07-05-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Dmay. Have you any sober time? You've come to the right place.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Welcome Dmay. Have you any sober time? You've come to the right place.
Thank you! I recently relapsed after 7 months of sobriety, but I'm now 7 days sober.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Dmay and welcome to the forum

There are so many supportive voices here on SR. Make yourself at home. Post and read as much as you can - it helps so much.

Do you know what may have led to the recent break in sobriety? There are all sorts of recovery strategies here on SR to help come up with a good plan to get where you deserve to be.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's a shame to drink after 7 months. Great that you came back and have a week. You certainly have a lot going on. Stay strong.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LeTheVerte View Post
Hi Dmay and welcome to the forum There are so many supportive voices here on SR. Make yourself at home. Post and read as much as you can - it helps so much. Do you know what may have led to the recent break in sobriety? There are all sorts of recovery strategies here on SR to help come up with a good plan to get where you deserve to be.
Thank you, LeTheVerte. It truly was a combination of overwhelming life events, and not utilizing the sources to stay sober effectively. I'm going to meetings, but I do need to find a sponsor. I've been trying to do this alone for way too long!

I'm definitely looking forward to reading the threads on this site, and interacting as much as I can. Thank you, again!
Old 07-05-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dmay15, I'm proud of you for getting back on track and keep fighting for your sobriety. As a mom, my heart goes to you... It must be so absolutely hard being away from your kids...

You need to get yourself well to be the awesome mom they deserve and the one I feel you want to be.

I'm only 6 days sober (after a relapse). I've joined the Class of July 2014 and it's a fun group to hang out here. I hope to see you there. Here is the link: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-2014-a.html
Old 07-05-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Dmay! I hope we see a lot more of you!
Old 07-05-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by Dmay15 View Post
I've been trying to do this alone for way too long!
Hugs for you Dmay. Sorry to hear that times have been hard. I will attest to the fact that this is a journey best done among friends and support. This forum and the good people who come here daily have helped see me through some really rough days. So glad we are here Dmay

You are not alone. Remember this and come here often! You can do this and do it well.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Dmay15 and welcome! Glad to see you here. I look forward to sharing this journey together. Stay strong and remember your reasons to get sober. Best wishes!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Dmay!! You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all the welcoming messages. I'm getting use to the extensive amount of information on this site, and navigating my way around it, but I'll get the hang of it. Thank you all, once again!!
Old 07-06-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm glad you joined us. You'll find a lot of support here.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Dmay. Life only gets better when we leave the booze behind. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers. I know that must be very hard. We are all here on this journey with you and if you need help, just ask. If you want a drink come here instead. This place is the greatest. Again, welcome aboard.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome! !
Old 07-06-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's so good to meet you D'may.

I thought alcohol was my friend and comforter. In the end it only made me more anxious and miserable - and unable to handle anything. Congratulations on your sober time - you never have to go back to that sad place.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on 7 days sober!
Old 07-06-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dmay, Welcome!

I'm sorry you relapsed after 7months of sobriety, but you know that you are able to do it. Good for you for seeing that you need a bit more support. This is a great place to read and visit for inspiration and understanding. It must be terribly hard to manage without your children at this time, but continue to have faith and do what you need to do to get them back.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR dmay

I turned my life around after 20 years - SR was a fundamental help to me.

I know you can turn your life around too

Congratulations on your week

D