Notices

Thank you!!

Old 07-05-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you!!

All I have in my heart right now is gratitude, SR is such a fantastic place, I came once upon a time and posted with great intentions to sort out my drinking, I then disappeared for a long time, only to return with my tail between my legs, but no one said, "hey where did you go for a year? You suck for disappearing? Or sorry you've been away for far too long."

Instead I was accepted straight away with more encouragement and support, and this is the basis of SR, people are at different stages with regards their addictions, whether it’s asking the question as to do they have an addiction? to trying to figure out what their first steps should be? what’s the best recovery method? to I’ve tried and failed but willing to go at it again, others find a routine in the daily threads which can be so important, others are reaching milestones and having success in their Sobriety, so many different stages but all are welcomed on the doors of SR!!

For me, alcohol it seems has influenced my whole life, I not only find myself contributing as an alcoholic but also the family member of an alcoholic, my dad was an alcoholic as I grew up and having a Forum that allows me to express my thoughts and experiences on both levels I think has been beneficial for me to heal and address all of those issues on so many levels.

From the age of 4yrs old I knew my parents' marriage was having problems, fast forward to 12yrs old and alcohol had caused my parents to separate finally ending in divorce, my dad finally passed away a few years back, but by then I was dealing with my own alcoholism, thankfully I am now Sober having sorted myself out, but alcohol I feel has shaped and defined most of my life up until now.

But not anymore, all of us can reclaim our lives, it's a mere liquid, why should it have such a control? If I can do it, anyone can!!

Tonight I think I’m gonna keep sipping my green tea, I have a pot next to me, life is good, but I will never ever forget what SR has done for me, in saving my life and continuing to provide a constant stream of daily support and encouragement!!

Thank you all, you've all had a part in saving my life!!

PK
Old 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for being part of us Purpleknight. Your presence here is valued, and you've helped many with your encouragement!

I'm not sure where I'd be without SR. I never intended to stay when I first signed on here, but something kept pulling me back, again & again. I join you in being forever grateful for such a place.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Thumbs up

Hey PK, my brother in sobriety,

Come on! You're getting me all choked up in the middle of my football movie. Thanks for being a source of hope and inspiration on this journey...wherever we all may find ourselves. Your words hold great weight PK because you are talking the talk and walking the walk.

Awesome.

And I agree - SR is a port in the storm.

Keep it up PK. Look forward to getting to read about all the good things you bring to your life. Now. Back to football.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

PK, I am always psyched to see the dancing red guy! Glad to hear you are having a good nite!
Old 07-05-2014, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Purpleknight, this is a mighty fine place to be and you make it just that much more FANTASTIC, rootin for ya.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you...very much for this post. I liked it all...but I especially liked the part where you found relief in that no one told you that you sucked for disappearing.

I think I felt a similar relief when I returned myself.

It's super nice to "not suck".
Old 07-05-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sort of new on posting more frequently, but I've been lurking for a long time. I second what EJ43 said... I've always look forward to see what the jumping red guy has to say.

Today you just gave me the inspiration to add three awesome things to my recovery big plan. Thank you for being such a great contributor to SR!
Old 07-05-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you PK. What a great first day! I did take that juicer out and juiced myself two yummy drinks! Funny, that used to mean it had alcohol in it...not tonight! I can feel that AV lurking trying to get me to add some alcohol to it...no way.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi PK, thank you!! Thank you for sharing your story!! Thank you for the words of encouragement you give us!! Thank you for welcoming us all to join the journey with you!! And most important, thank you for being you!! SR has saved me as well and I don't know what I would do without it. Thank you for welcoming me as a newbie and always giving me encouraging advice. Your words are appreciated. So thank you, and best wishes!
Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

PK, I'm always in awe of the gentle, kind support that you offer others. You so generously share encouragement and your own personal experiences. That is such a gift. Thank you.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Purpleknight:
Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you too man, you're one of my fave posters and your words have helped me a lot so far!
Old 07-05-2014, 10:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Man, thank you, Purple Knight, for this fantastic and encouraging post! Always love your positivity, it always helps me.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'll take a Knight in Purple armour over one in shining armour any day! You are truly a gem PK, always so positive and encouraging. All that you are thankful for, you pay forward in more ways than you probably even realize. You've helped keep me sober on more than one occasion, and for that I thank you.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It's people like you that keep me here. Thank you.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Awesome post!

I too was gone for a long time, but never worried about any negativity when i came back. SR is a safe place and i have never seen or felt anyone calling someone out.

All i can say is please stay this time and i will do my best to do the same!

We are all in this together!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:39 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Purple you made me teary eyed! What a great post.

I am so thankful that you are here posting, and don't forget to give yourself the credit too for saving your life! You did it and are doing it.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

PK - Thank you so much for your post. You are truly an inspiration to many here, and I agree with all of the above comments.

Thank you for your kindness, encouragement, and sobriety!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Congrats PK.... You add a lot to this place. Thanks for being here!
Old 07-06-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Your positive attitude is contagious. Love to catch your fever!