Notices

Is Chamomile safe for recovery?

Old 07-11-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Chamomile extracts exhibit benzodiazepine-like hypnotic activity (69).
<- this is the only thing that has worried me so far. Similar to benzos? Wtf?

But now I'm drinking the tea.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by grubby View Post
It's true if you think about, modern ailments like "cancer", "diabetes", "alzheimers", etc were almost non-existent just a couple hundred years ago........ can't be a coincidence.
This is dead wrong. Cancer and diabetes have been "around" for thousands of years. Please don't provide false information.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Originally Posted by grubby View Post
I think you missed the point....... overall, the positives outweigh the handful of negatives you mentioned.

The fact remains: obesity, "depression", insomnia, "cancer", "alzheimers", "diabetes", and the countless other mainly "modern" problems.......... barely existed just a couple centuries ago.

I've NEVER heard of a dog that couldn't sleep (insomnia), for example.......... we are our own worst enemies.
Grubby, the internet does not have enough internet to list all the bad things nature can do to us and give to us. Nature is the source of all life, of course, and it comes complete with a full set of checks and balances to ensure that it prevails. From our point of view, many of its natural processes can result in very bad stuff.

It is your use of words like 'everything' and 'nothing' and 'never' that show you haven't really thought these thoughts through.

You also need more info about dogs that can't sleep. Dogs that Can't Sleep.

I agree that we are our own worst enemies. No argument there.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think this thread has run its course and run off course as well.

The OP had a question about chamomile, that's all.

A few posts were removed because of Medical advice:

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.