SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Just bought a bottle....The toilet enjoyed it! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/337939-just-bought-bottle-toilet-enjoyed.html)

Tiffyw12 07-05-2014 08:43 AM

Just bought a bottle....The toilet enjoyed it!

Hi ALL, Thought I was doing really well, day 19/20 (cant remember) sober. The usual thoughts I had about drinking wine around 5pm ish, went and I had stopped thinking about it. Well, take my husband and I having a big bust up (trivial stuff), and I'm at the shop/store buying a bottle of rose wine. Get home, sit on my bed with every intention of drinking it, because it would make me feel better right? WRONG, of course it wont, it never did. In fact if I drank while I was in any kind of emotional state, I would turn into the devil woman. No words would be limited from my mouth and I would keep on and on and on at my husband until he retaliated with the same words back at me. Oh boy then I had my ammunition, my reason to drink more and get nastier!

Came on to SR read lots, got the wine and poured the whole lot down the toilet. The smell came back up at me and made me gag!

I don't want to go back to day one in the morning, back to detoxing and panic. No amount of wine will make the situation better, it will make me worse and will be coupled with guilt and regret.....NO WORTH IT!

Happy Saturday people. Stay strong!

x

Thepatman 07-05-2014 08:45 AM

Well done friend!

Tamerua 07-05-2014 08:46 AM

Way to go! That's the way to sock that AV in the mouth!

HeadLump 07-05-2014 08:47 AM

Great post, tiffy! :) Now you can carry on marching towards three weeks! :bigok:

Tiffyw12 07-05-2014 08:49 AM

Thanks you guys. It feels good to have beat that demon just now! And even better to share it will you all x Take care all of you

HeadLump 07-05-2014 08:52 AM

Every single time you beat that demon down you'll get even stronger :)

melki 07-05-2014 08:57 AM

:You_Rock_ Well Done!!!

Waterfalls2014 07-05-2014 09:02 AM

Good for you Tiffy. Thanks for sharing. Best wishes!

hokey 07-05-2014 09:05 AM

Way to go tiffy! So glad you dumped that wine ... that is a HUGE score against the AV!!

:)

PurpleKnight 07-05-2014 09:37 AM

Great job!! Keep pushing through!! :You_Rock_

Gonnachange 07-05-2014 10:06 AM

Well played!

LBrain 07-05-2014 10:22 AM

I wouldn't exactly say well played. Good job on dumping the poison. Bad job on bringing it home.

Maybe next time don't pick up that bottle - make that decision first. Then you won't have to make decision number 2. Maybe next time you won't be able to overcome the demon. The more we tempt ourselves the more are our chances of giving in.

hankfrank 07-05-2014 11:01 AM

Great Job! I hope when I face that same test...I will do the same thing and pour it down the toilet...or better yet not even waste the money in the first place by buying that poison. There is strength in numbers! Stay strong all!

Stoogy 07-05-2014 11:10 AM

Great job Tiffy, down the toilet is the best place for it.

goodkitty 07-05-2014 11:11 AM

Awesome victory - I will remember that for moments of weakness!

:c029:

Mirage74 07-05-2014 11:21 AM

That's great. In the past, once I'm even on the way to the store, I've relapsed, I'm drinking. Some say a relapse has already begun well before you take the drink. To be able to pour it out takes incredible fortitude. My alcoholic mind would, in the moment, consider that wasteful. From reading your experience, I consider it a win. Good job

Deleteda 07-05-2014 01:02 PM

That was a great thing to do Tiffy, well done you X

Alex41 07-05-2014 02:07 PM

Well done tiffy you conquered the demon!! Good on ya :You_Rock_

Seanfox 07-05-2014 04:27 PM

Well done, you've showed tremendous determination.

zerothehero 07-05-2014 04:36 PM

Good choice.

Some folks left a six pack at my house awhile ago. It's been sitting in the fridge and I just couldn't dump it, so yesterday I brought it to some friends - old drinking buddies - and we chatted for awhile. I was a bit disturbed when I realized the two of them had sucked all six and more in the hour we were visiting. He's not looking too good, and she has gained a lot of weight. I don't think I'll be delivering leftover alcohol to them again. Just didn't seem right...

So, pour it out! Or give it to someone you know doesn't have a drinking problem. Yikes.