Notices

liver question

Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

liver question

so ive been blacking out now almost every time i drink. it seems like i have reverse tolerance nowadays...i can drink like 10 beers and i dont remember how i got home. is this a liver issue? i havnt had any pains down there or anything, but its worrying me as i used to be able to drink tons and always remember the night.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Nope, that's your brain acting up. Reverse tolerance is a known development of alcohol abuse.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well thats a relief. just waiting to get into rehab at this point...hopefully its soon. afraid that im gonna die. i woke up without my clothes on and found them out by my dads pool. i guess i went swimming or something when i got home. i couldve drowned...
Old 07-02-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I had something similar towards the end of my drinking too ( decreased tolerance ). You don't have to wait until rehab to stop drinking, the next blackout could be the last one.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also had that decreased tolerance and blackouts.

Please consider stopping drinking now before you do have a horrible accident or damage your body. It can be deadly, with no warning.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Yeah... what everyone has said. My personal experience -- I blacked out and smacked my head on the coffee table last week. I could have killed myself. I ended up with a goose egg on my head and a major black eye. Plus in the same week I got some not so great news that I do have a liver issue but quitting can make it better. So I have said goodbye to my old pals Johnnie Walker and Glen Livet. No more for me. I have to be a non-drinker now.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

ive tried to stop so many times...i went to aa like 10 times last week and then i just relapsed. im constantly anxious and uncomfortable in meetings and it makes me feel so alone. i go to a bar and i instantly can talk to people and feel like a human being. im going to try again though starting today. just doing oxys to deal with the hangover...
Old 07-02-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

im aware of the danger. thats why i stopped a couple weeks ago. but at the same time i get feelings of suicide and i kind of wish something would happen to me...im too scared to actually kill myself
Old 07-02-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You could still have liver issues, only a Dr. can say for sure. It's probably time you see your Dr. for your own peace of mind.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ten beers is a lot. That would get me drunk and have black outs even though my tolerance went way up....That's good that you're getting concerned about your health and consequences of drinking.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

kids of sounds like you are concerned about your liver.
if you are wanting to quit right before you start causing liver damage,, you might not know the amount of damage you have caused until it is too late. also alcohol can cause damage to you other than your liver, not to mentioning injuring some one else.
i know going sober is difficult, i tried many times. good luch
Old 07-02-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's ironic how alcohol feels like a solution for depression and insomnia when it actually increases those problems in the long run. I have had insomnia and suicidal feelings since I was 14, off and on, before I ever drank, so I thought getting sober wouldn't change those things. But I was wrong.
The more I've been sober lately, the more I've been forced to find other solutions to depend on. I found melatonin for sleep and exercise plus other help for depression. Keep trying new things. There were always better solutions than alcohol, but I wasn't going to find them as long as I kept clinging to the bottle.

Alcoholism all about delusion---It's not saving you from anything! Hang in there, and keep posting
Old 07-02-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's happening to me too now, I drink less than I have done in the past but black out quicker. Am always hurting myself too now
Old 07-02-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

my last binge (Mothers Day weekend)...I don't even have a recollection of buying the wine/booze that started it. Not one single memory of purchasing it. It's like invasion of the body snatchers. The next day I proceeded to attain my 2 DUI.

Blackouts are serious stuff. Sure as hell woke my sorry a$$ up!

Good luck. Stay strong and don't pick up! Whomever said the next one, could very well be the last.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by mburnsc View Post
ive tried to stop so many times...i went to aa like 10 times last week and then i just relapsed. im constantly anxious and uncomfortable in meetings and it makes me feel so alone. i go to a bar and i instantly can talk to people and feel like a human being. im going to try again though starting today. just doing oxys to deal with the hangover...
Have you considered inpatient rehab? Sometimes you can't do this on your own and need medical supervision until you get some time under your belt.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

yes, im waiting to get into inpatient rehab right now. it could take anywhere from 3-6 weeks...i wish i could go right now. its a government funded thing.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

quit drinking life is better without drinks
Old 07-02-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

yeah ive quit drinking and my life doesnt get better...thanks though
Old 07-02-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by mburnsc View Post
yeah ive quit drinking and my life doesnt get better...thanks though
So you view having blackouts every time you drink as a positive thing? How long did you stay quit when you have abstained in the past?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:25 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

will power does not help take help from proper doc who specializes in alcohol dedication a sd share u peoblem with senior aa members thats should helpu