Notices

newbie story

Old 07-05-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

newbie story

Ok. So I guess I need to tell yall a little a bit about myself or my story rather. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was younger No big deal...until I had my second child. Then my back begin to kill me. I went to a doctor he immediately prescribed pain med. I didn't need a lot one every now and then. Then I blew my knee out in 2012 surgery more pain meds more often. I then a few months layer had an infected wisdom tooth so u guessed it another surgery. By this time I'm still getting med from my back doctor but it has increased. All the sudden last year I have to have an emergency hysterectomy. This year they have to go in and take out ovary because it had attached itself to my back side and was very painful. By the time this was all said and done I'm taking 4 to 5 pain pills a day for about 3 years . There was a time I decided enough wad enough and I was DONE. I ended up hurting myself (falling) could've been prevented just to go to the hospital. I got there the doctor told me "I had a serious problem and this will haunt me for.the rest of my life" something in me clicked. With a cracked rib I cried and cried all the way home. Still to this day can't seem to forgive myself for that.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Holy string of bad luck! Not only should you forgive yourself, be thankful it wasn't worse. Use it as fuel and get off those suckers! Hang in there!
Old 07-05-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

Have you made a decision to using the pills? I hope so.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pain is so hard to cope with. I would like to learn more of what you're going through right now. I'm sorry you are having trouble forgiving yourself. What is causing you to feel this way?
Old 07-05-2014, 05:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Soccerlover! I too have struggled over the years with prescription medication. It's as deadly as alcohol or any other drug, it's not the DOC (drug of choice) but the disease of addiction that we're all dealing with! I hope you make a plan to stop and be careful and seek medical advice. I know some meds can have withdraws with them. It took AA for me to finally get over my addictions, but there are lot's of good 12 step programs...NA, CA, and AA! We'll be pulling for you!
Old 07-05-2014, 06:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome soocerlover! You have had enough of bad news, so here is the good news for you: you can kick this addiction and we are here to help! Everyone here understands the way you feel, the bewilderment at how it got to this point. We are here for you.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welcome Soccerlover

hopefully ones here with be of help for you to
either cut down or eventually stop the meds

for sure it sounds like you have been through a lot of pain
I know a little about pain
it can drain one right down to the bones

please stick around here and make many new friends
you will find that helpful strong friendly relationships are found here on site

Mountainman