Notices

Feelings and Mixed Emotions

Old 07-04-2014, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

Feelings and Mixed Emotions

I'm having mixed emotions today. I just got back from a meeting. Some meetings are better than others. I have to try REALLY hard to not feel slighted when I try to talk to someone after a meeting and it goes nowhere... like today I was trying to tell this lady who was complaining about the masks she's tried with her CPAP machine that maybe nasal pillows would work better for her. She just blew me off and I felt a little offended. I know I shouldn't! People are in their own little worlds filled with their own problems and I can't take this stuff personally.

But otherwise, it's a perfect 4th of July day weather wise! Sunny, 70, not s cloud in the sky. Woo hoo!

But I feel a little out of sorts... my hubby left me to go skydiving (which he does most weekends)... I can't get a response from my son about joining him and his family to go watch a parade. My alcoholic brain is thinking they don't want me to come with them. But there's no logical reason for that. My daughter is on vacation with her husband and I guess I feel lonely. REALLY lonely.

So right now I am HUNGRY, a little ANGRY, LONELY... but not tired so much. I need to take evasive measures. LOL Nope --- not going to drink. I've lots of things I can and should do today from paying a couple bills, cleaning the fish tank, making glass art, and maybe taking a ride to a local park, enjoy the festivities and get some ice cream.

I hope you all have a safe and blessed 4th of July!

Old 07-04-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there, sounds like some YOU time might be on the cards with that ice cream, enjoy yourself and have a relaxing time, as they say be good to yourself!!
Old 07-04-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Elle, sorry you're feeling lonely. Maybe some encouragement will do the trick. When I'm down and alone I try reading, cleaning, little things to change my mood. Take some you time and sit outside watching the birds chirp. It's a great life and you're a part of it. Feel better and best wishes