Notices

What are the plans for your 4th??!!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What are the plans for your 4th??!!

As some of you know, I have had my up and my downs. I think I order to stay sober in the holidays, we need a plan.

My plans is to stay in tonight. Workout tomorrow morning and help the wife. She just had a hernia surgery. Day 87 for me.

What is your plan
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Going to my parents' house for a cookout and give them some help around the house. No worries about staying sober. I don't drink.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope everyone has a great weekend

In Australia it's just King O Malley's birthday...not as catchy, lol

D
Old 07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Being in the states, we are having a big party. I'm focused on the soft drink spread and the smoker.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My plans for the Fourth. Not much, maybe watch some fireworks maybe. I dont like to get caught up in the hooplaw or the craziness. I do enjoy the fireworks, and will go with family and friends, but life today is about balance. So for me staying up until midnight is not an option for me today. On the odd occasion I will, for xmas or something, maybe business. There just seems to be a lot of crazy things going on, whether its a full moon or not. Had some close calls on vehicle accidents on the highway of death, just makes me realize that today is all I have and I better make the most of it,but no I am not about to attend a 11pm Friday meeting that goes until 4am and justify it that its an AA meeting.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I suppose I plan to stay somewhat alert in case drunken *****s with fireworks set the neighborhood ablaze.

Otherwise, movies and reading for me, check SR now and then, maybe go to an AA meeting.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have to go to a funeral A very good friend of mine took his life 2 weeks a go.. Only 50 & the nicest chap i have ever known!! Sorry if I have brought a downer on this post!!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Let's see. Laundry, weed the garden. Clean the floors. Go to gym. Maybe take a bike ride if I get out before it reaches 90. Maybe find some fireworks after dark before wife leaves for work. Just another day in paradise.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I'll be working all weekend. My husband and I are going to find somewhere to watch the fireworks tomorrow night. My friends are going to Portland for a convention called Frontline on the Fourth. It sounds like it's going to be a blast. Wish I could go! Ah well.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah we don't really do much over here for the 4th of July, some don't even know it's an important day in USA history, it'll come and go.

I'll be watching the World Cup which is back on today, but wishing all you americans a great day!!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

eat a bunch of seafood on Saturday..then no sleep because the fireworks all night
Old 07-04-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

AA/Alanon Cookout. Only supposed to be 88F today so I hope that holds true.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hosting a family reunion at our cabin culminating with fireworks over the water. Have stocked the fridge with Arnold Palmers, mineral water, juice and sun tea and will be well-hydrated! Last night had my adult children and families, the baby and I were the only ones not drinking and it was fine. Had a few instances where habit had me thinking about opening a beer but I didn't, ended the evening reading the forum.

It's going to be a beautiful day.
Old 07-04-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Sitting out side drinking good coffee on a absolutely gorgeous cool morning with the dogs. Baby sitting my adorable but super charged 2 year old grandson. Good steak on the barby, keeping up my image as a yard nazi and some deep conversations with the plants, spending time with my son and daughter, and an AA meeting

All things I love and none of it involves alcohol. Things that bring real happiness not the false joy of alcohol.

Have a great and sober weekend and spoil yourself with the joys of sobriety
Old 07-04-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

We're getting a hurricane at somepoint today, so most peoples plans have been cancelled, anyway. I'll probably stay in and clean, maybe fire up a few stove-top veggie dogs. Plenty of lemons, limes, and soda water to keep me alcohol free.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Enjoying my morning with my coffee now that the humidity and storms are over. On the fence as to whether to go to a local parade and related festivities. I should probably go. Fireworks later tonight down at the park and picking up my son from work at midnight. I do not want him walking or biking tonight as lots of people drink and drive today...I remember...I was one of them. Happy sober celebrations!
Old 07-05-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

knuckleheads and their fireworks

Originally Posted by ForgetfulKevin View Post
I suppose I plan to stay somewhat alert in case drunken *****s with fireworks set the neighborhood ablaze.

Otherwise, movies and reading for me, check SR now and then, maybe go to an AA meeting.
ain't that the truth - I wanted to go to a meeting last night for support but I got caught up around the house and making dinner - by the time sleeping beauty woke up it was already past 8P and I was watching "reservoir dogs". Some great lines in that movie.

The knuckleheads and their things that go BOOM! are getting worse every year. I used to be one of those fools that set off fireworks from the back yard (twice) - only if we weren't experience heat and drought. But I was never into what seems like dynamite these days. The booms get bigger and bigger - seeing a flash from two blocks away is a bit unnerving. And the weekend of boom has just begun here.

I felt like the old man on the block worrying about my house catching on fire. They all stopped around midnite. Tonight is round 2.

Just as St Patty's day has turned everyone Irish, July 4 has turned everyone into pyrotechnics experts too - along with another excuse to get drunk.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Puppy time this weekend!

We are picking up our Golden Retriever puppy! Can't wait...If you want the living embodiment of constant love and adoration...get a golden (okay I'm biased). Even amidst all this inner turmoil, I'm looking forward to welcoming this furry friend to our family.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you for all of your post.i hope everyone had a safe and sober one. Thank you for your post