Notices

She died, and came to life, the worst night ever

Old 07-03-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She died, and came to life, the worst night ever

That is right I drink and gamble and have been known to drug, I have no shame admitting those things. I've lost everything because I lost control.

Yes folks I lost it all, I was homeless, my wife almost died fro acute alcohol poisoning, She died 4 times in front of me, no LIFE it was OVEr she drank herself to drunk and almost DIED.

She quit drinking cold turkey, thank God she lived, that night I saw something that no one should see. She got pale white, she started to convulse her body was lifeless., I smacked her, I thought she was just very drunk, she was more than drunk.

I watched her withering and her rolled back in her head, she was only 33 she/we have a disabled daughter. Despite being both high and I drunk I called the police she was unresponsive.

While on the phone with the police her breathing was on and off, I knew then and there it might be over. I might lose my dear soul mate. She got to the hospital her blood test revealed that her BAC was .48, I was told she might die tonight, it might be over. I gotta be honest they didn't care, they just ran the motions and could careless. They thought her an alcoholic. of no value.

Well friends, this women has gone through it all, a bad childhood, abuse and abuse. A disabled daughter, and so forth, this women ( my wife loved everyone) and that night they didn't care.

She lived that night, TDG could of cried, we got another chance together I told he I loved her, she told me that she loved me. Now 15 years of marriage, we got married on my birthday at 18 long story for another time, but I LOVE THAT WOMEN. She quit drinking then and there and has never gone back.

I am not her I struggle, but friends she could of died and I watched her die that night.... She came back from the dead, I watched the true love of my life DIE that night... Disabled daughter trouble alcoholism whatever, she survived in spite of her addiction.

I've never ever told the whole story, it was scary watching the love of you life convulsing puking, whatever! When the heart monitor stopped and there was no life, it was then and there that this man prayed, I prayed for my wifes life.... the monitor was flat, and then it came to life.

Thats right it came to life, she came to life, she was DEAD, DEAD friends and came back, she support me now, she hasn't drank since and I have my memories, but you matter she mattered and folks we matter.

Long post, but the long weekend is upon us, I want you to all survive, I want the best for you, and most of all I want the best for you and me..... Just one man trying to stay sober.

Stay safe and sober friends love you all, TDG out.... Please know that you matter!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad she made it, TDG!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow it sounds like you both have been through a lot. Glad she made it. I hope you and your soul mate have 100 more years of great sober memories. Best wishes!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One thing I wanted to say is that night she died, died clinically it was over folks, and there is hope she literally came back from the dead, There is more, lets just say, she now believes in God. However, let it be known, we can rise from the dead.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

TDG- I hope you are taking care of yourself too.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

An incredible, sad but beautifully moving story. How wonderful that you both were given another chance and that you have maintained your sobriety. May you both achieve happiness. Blessings upon you!

Fondly.

W.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad both of you, & Your daughter, have a second chance TDG
Old 07-03-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad about the outcome and happy for you both.

The word about passing away from this really were hard to read but necessary.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

heavy stuff man... thanks for sharing.

there but for the grace of our higher power and our choice to walk sober - could easily go all of us.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. Blessings.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for your wonderful honesty from your heart. Share her strength and stay sober. It sounds like you have a love for each other that is beyond compare.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I cried a bit at this. I am the same age - thanks for sharing your story and best wishes to both of you x
Old 07-04-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 07-04-2014, 01:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Very scary! But as you say, you have that second chance. Now you know what is at stake!