Notices

Day 4 feeling like death!

Old 07-03-2014, 03:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 feeling like death!

Made it to the start of day 4 and I feel absolutely horrible this morning, physically. I'm absolutely exhausted after getting more than enough sleep I'm sore and I'm so out of it. Hope this ends soon. Looking forward to day 30 when I am doing backflips out of bed in the morning
Old 07-03-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 4 and hang in there! My first week was horrible....

Everyday you will start to feel better. Get some rest, drink lots of water, and be kind to yourself and your body as it heals.

You can do this!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You're doing exactly the right thing, Z00. Hang in there. I don't know about backflips, but it really will get better!
Old 07-03-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there. The physical symptoms will slowly get better. Just takes time.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I totally hear ya! I'm on day 11 and still feel like I'm walking in a fog... sleep like a log but wake up still dragging butt. I know it's temporary for both of us.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through, my first few weeks were rough with no energy, but it gets better!!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel the exact same way. Totally lethargic even after a good nights sleep. This is normal? Or should you start to feel better immediately after keeping alcohol out of your body?
Old 07-03-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Totally normal.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's called RECOVERY for a reason. You are recuperating from the effects of poison. Take it easy and give yourself time to heal.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Harford View Post
I feel the exact same way. Totally lethargic even after a good nights sleep. This is normal? Or should you start to feel better immediately after keeping alcohol out of your body?
Hey Hartford...everyone is different.

Just imagine how long our bodies have been inundated with alcohol....our bodies are amazing things, but the adjustments needed to get our metabolism / brain etc back to normal takes time.

I think we love a quick fix...just like we loved a quick drink to try and fix everything - the short way out. Yep, recovery takes a little time. All worth it.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post. I forget sometimes that the beginning is exhausting. I also forget how crazy one feels during early sobriety. I had a relapse and this one was a good one so I'm still healing. Super tired all the time.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Z00p View Post
Made it to the start of day 4 and I feel absolutely horrible this morning, physically. I'm absolutely exhausted after getting more than enough sleep I'm sore and I'm so out of it. Hope this ends soon. Looking forward to day 30 when I am doing backflips out of bed in the morning
ZOOp: This post brought a smile to my face, as odd as might seem it did.
Not because it was funny, not at all. But because I remember that time so clearly I'm a little over 100 days sober. So I am not so far ahead of you that the beginning days are still not clearly in my mind.

I slept so much it wasn't even funny I sweat SO SO much, I could fill a large swimming hole! I got over that stage after a week or so tn I did a twist in the total opposite direction. I couldn't fall asleep if someone put a gun to my head and demanded me to

The following weeks everything seemed to upset me. Nothing was right, everything seemed to be wrong. It was too light, it was too dark. The music was too loud, it was not high enough. I was too happy, I was so depressed.

The emotions are still flying in every direction, but my physical problem are somewhat diminished. A lot of the physical aspects I believe are based on how heavy of a drinker you were to begin with. If you drank everyday ect. ,
how long you have been drinking ect.

It will get better. I can't tell you How Much or When but it will