Notices

That only showed me, not them

Old 07-02-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks silentrun. Your right. I feel like I don't know how to deal with anything. I spent 30 years drinking. These past 3 weeks are the first time in my life I've ever tried to quit. Literally. It's all new. I pray I can get to a point that these little things don't bother me
Old 07-02-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Ironically, you probably spent about the same amount of money on the beer as you would have saved on the gas.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Whyme2014

I mostly drink alone so I have nobody telling me I have a problem. It's been 30 years. And nobody recognizes it. At least I do right.

Nobody recognizes it? Don't fool yourself, that's what all addicts that drink alone think.
You can do this if you want it bad enough. Keep on the wagon, good things will happen. We all know how hard it is. Good lick.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is a new day, go at things again and you'll get there!!
Old 07-03-2014, 06:42 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Whyme. How are you doing today?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi CristinaN, I'm ok. Back to that same feeling Dragging through work wishing I felt good today. Today is my day 1 again and it's gonna be my last day one. Thanks to all the support I get here I'm going to make a new plan and actually reach out for help. Got lots on my mind. Thanks for asking
Old 07-03-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You can do it, buddy.

This first week is gonna suck, sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

On another note:
My ex husband loved to golf. He was good at it and had a 2 handicap. Only problem for me was that he'd leave at 5AM and not come home until midnight - high and grumpy. I kept asking him to call me when he would be driving home so I would know when or where to look for his car should he not make it. Never made that call.

After a couple years of this, I went ballistic when he got home and tried to make a boundary about it.

Yeah.

So he got mad. I had never seen him angry. He picked up one of his golf clubs and broke it over his knee. Picked up another one. Did that till they all were busted. I didn't interfere because I didn't know how he would react and he did have access to heavy metal poles with weighted things on the end...

After he had broken all of them he sat on the couch, looking every bit the dejected four year old and said, "I guess I showed you."

Poor guy, I couldn't help but smile. He did too.