Notices

3 day holiday weekend coming how do you plan to stay sober

Old 07-02-2014, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 day holiday weekend coming how do you plan to stay sober

I'll start it off, this weekend, I have many meetings planned. I will attend a meeting at least once a day, and if time provides twice a day. I have a list of chores to complete, and phone numbers by the phone in case I need need them in an emergency.

Additionally, I intend on spending much of my time on this website reading forums and helping who I can.

As always my friends. stay safe and sober. Please have a plan for the long weekend and thanks for reading.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. This one makes me nervous. I'm 17 days sober but the summer heat is making me jones hardcore. All this and we are selling our house looking for a new one. Not sure why I felt this was a good time to cut out the drinking. But will be checking the boards this weekend.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I don't know what your asking. I don't drink.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by olometal View Post
Thanks for sharing. This one makes me nervous. I'm 17 days sober but the summer heat is making me jones hardcore. All this and we are selling our house looking for a new one. Not sure why I felt this was a good time to cut out the drinking. But will be checking the boards this weekend.
You getting a cold beer jones?
Old 07-02-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On Friday morning I'm running a race that I've trained really hard for. Then I am spending the rest of the day with my kids, who will also be around other people's kids, and it is in everyone's best interest that I not be under the influence. So there ya go.

On Saturday and Sunday I will be out in the sunshine and posting here as time allows. Spending more time with my kids too.

For anyone not doing those things, I'm not sure what the answer would be, but I think you have a really good plan, TDG! Meetings and SR seem to be effective for a lot of people here.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dj sobriety good luck on your race. How awesome you can race, I am proud to know that you sound like you have a plan and GET"em finish your race and be proud, spend time with your family, and most of all stay safe and sober friend. Thank for the reply you just made my night, I should get back to exercising one day and being able to race or whatever. Thanks friend
Old 07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

I'll be with friends for a while out at fireworks and at the movies, at meetings with other people, in the chat room from computer and on phone when I can....playing with the two cats who are getting along and cleaning the apartment.....maybe painting, putting up some new pictures....
Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2Cor5:17

That is an excellent well laid out plan you got there! Good for you
Will be working few hrs, then a mtg in the mrg and @ nite, reading my grapevine, young & sober, praying & reading the Word
Happy & safe sober 4th SR
Old 07-02-2014, 09:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm going to do some washing , clean my room , maybe watch a film or two . I also have a new peter hamilton book to read .
It's 27 c in the UK this weekend so i'm going to not do anything much physically challenging .

Take it day by day or hour by hour if you need to , if your in the early days there will be other bank holidays to go out and enjoy when you sobriety builds some strength , treat it all with some wary respect and do the right thing ,
take care , m