Notices

Tonight is rough

Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tonight is rough

I was in a good mood earlier in the day. I was very productive and got a lot of things done. I got into a little fight with my mom. Im in my early 20s and live at home and I hate it. I got in my car and started driving around to blow off steam. I drove to a liquor store with the intentions of buying alcohol and the store was closed. The last time I had liquor was so long ago. I normally drank beer. I just had an emotionally break down when I was in the car about everything I don't like in my life. I went to a different store that I normally buy beer at. I bought 2 sodas and a ice cream bar. Not exactly healthy but I figure it's better then buying myself alcohol. I don't have a lot of friends. I also don't have many people that understand my addiction. Today is day 22. I've been on day 22 before. The longest I've ever gone with out drinking is 26 days. Looking at day 26 seems impossible right now. I'm still craving beer. Part of me wants to go back to the store and buy it. I hate this addiction
Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 22 is fantastic, don't worry about tomorrow or day 26 just yet, only TODAY matters at this point.

It's tough but hang in there, things will get a lot worse if you drink, you can do this!!
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You will get beyond Day 26 this time because you're making the right choices.

Good for you for getting through today without drinking.

If living at home is stressful, can you begin to plan to move out on your own?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

There's 417 people on the forums right now that understand your problem. You did good coming here instead of drinking. Remember how you felt when you gave in before? The next day? It was probably worse than you feel right now. Stay strong.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know how hard it is when those cravings strike, but know that with continued sobriety it does get easier. Caving now only feeds the addiction and makes the next craving even harder to resist. You can do this! Just imagine how much better your life will be in the next few months as you continue to heal and grow stronger. Your sobriety is your ticket out of the life you hate right now. It's difficult but it will pay off in so many ways!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Halleluja for the store being closed! (you just reminded me that I know all hours of operations for all liquor stores in the vicinity; the ones opening early and closing late used to being my favorite)

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Good for you for being strong! Think about how many people on here are striving to get to where you are. Take pride in 22 days and know you can make it past day 26 if you take it one day at a time!

Old 07-01-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Good for you for grabbing soda and ice cream. Rewrite that story of yours! Try not to think, I got to day 26 and messed up. Think, I'm going to get past day 26.

You're doing great, hang in there.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
as a sober contributor

Hey GB64,

Congratulations on your big WIN in the battle with the beast! Keep your chin up and take it one day at a time!

Remember this.... if you go out again and drink, you will delay your chance to get a place of your own. Stay Strong and stay SOBER and you will have the life you deserve soon!

Good Luck!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
You will get beyond Day 26 this time because you're making the right choices. Good for you for getting through today without drinking. If living at home is stressful, can you begin to plan to move out on your own?

I've been trying to save up as much money as I can. The job I have isn't to great. It would be awhile before I'd be able to afford my own place.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the responses. Every morning that I wake up hungover free I realized I made the right decision in not drinking.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through a difficult time last night and made the right decision!