Notices

Day 16

Old 07-01-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've been journaling daily since my decision (this is not typical for me) But it was suggested and it's been helpful. I keep going back to my Day five entry to revisit my initial reasons I wanted to stop drinking for good. I thought I'd share it below. It's been helpful to journal so I can see my progress and trajectory as well as the overall renewing of my mind. Day 5-I feel good! I'm feeling more joy because I know I'm choosing this decision. It's not being forced on me. I really need the Holy Spirit to proceed because I know this might get harder especially when my husband is not at home or I'm stressed from work and need to "wind down" .....at this point, I can't believe I want this. I thought I enjoyed drinking but I really don't. The more I read and research the more I am convinced I was becoming what the bible calls a "Slave to wine". This feeling of resolve is so liberating! From Now On....No more: 1. Alcohol induced headaches 2. Lacking energy 3. Sore muscles from Inflammation 4. Hating what I've said or done the night before 5. Hangover (especially with recent all day vomiting) 6. Falling down 7. Being embarrassed of my alcohol volume 8. Saving up food calories so I can drink 9. Hiding how much I drank 10. Making excuses 11. Asking for forgiveness for my state (from God or others) 12. Being scared of DUI's 13. Deception-deception- deception 14. Driving while drinking with an open box of wine (that was when I realized I might have an issue) and hurrying to hide it in the outside trash to conceal from husband 15. Not remembering things from the night before and wondering how I got into bed. 16. Trying to explain away my elevated liver enzymes to the Dr. Philippians 4:13-I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! Besides journaling, the book from Jason Vale (kicking the drink....easily) is also a great help. Really puts perspective on the journey and how difficult we want to perceive it is going to be. This site has helped a lot too, especially the testimonials. I pray blessings on all of you who have been selfless and courageous enough to share and respond!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fantastic post!! Great job on Day 16!!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Purple...I feel hopeful! I'm still reminded daily of my reasons to quit since I'm nursing a broken hand from my last fall but the last 16 days have been a great reminder of this great decision!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you have a good plan and motivation.

If you continue to be interested in reading we have a great list:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rituality.html
Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love your post! Especially your honesty with yourself. You are totally on the right path with all that honesty!!!

Hugs!