Notices

The best laid plans...

Old 06-30-2014, 11:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

The best laid plans...

Many of you would know I've been on the short list for special needs government housing for over a decade.

Turns out the list is longer than I'd like...I still have no firm date for that.

And now because I was upfront and honest about this with my current landlords they won't renew my lease, in case I break it.

Homelessness is one of my big phobias so I'm dealing with a lot of old stuff and fear.

Mrs Dee is very supportive of course but she's back in her home country - she has her own stuff going on.

so...it's down to me.

I know I'll do it, but it means I won't be around as much until I get settled.
I'm sorry for that, but I know you guys will understand.

all the good juju and good wishes you can send me, I'll appreciate...and yeah don't worry - recovery like a rock, guys...feet hitting the pavement is required, not drinks .

D
Old 06-30-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Dee. I'm so sorry. Praying for you sweet Friend!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope you get settled quickly Dee.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

They won't consider month to month? Jeepers! This is ludicrous. So he would rather look for someone to sign a lease now...than later? Why?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh Dee I'm so sorry to hear this. Wishing you all the best and I hope you get the situation resolved quickly.You're such a good person and we will all be thinking of you.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Spite mainly Nuu.

D
Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

All the best Dee.

I am sure it will all work out OK. It has for me through all kinds of life problems.

Just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other, and trying to do whatever your HP wants you to do. It will probably work out much better than you are expecting.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

That sucks, Dee! I can't believe you've been on that list for a decade. Amazing. Housing is so essential. I've never really given a thought to homelessness until I moved to Seattle. I see people of all walks of life on the streets here. There are even 3 tent cities here that are fully populated. It's just awful.

I hate that your landlords are essentially punishing you for your honesty. Do you have any legal recourse as far as them being prejudiced against your disability? It's awful that they would be allowed to discriminate against you.

I'll be praying for you, Dee. You are a strong soul and resourceful. If there's anything I can do, just let me know. I believe in you!
Old 07-01-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Spite mainly Nuu.

D
Well, what a @###^&!!!
So he's going to boot ya?

Okay...I know some people. Probably best to make it look like an accident. Now is he a small man Dee or.....

Alright, alright..

Sending all the positive remedy energy I can muster my friend. You will end up in a better situation than currently. You will.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Dee -

Thanks for sharing what you're going through. I'm happy to pitch in the 110% here to keep SR humming while you're taking care of yourself - I think we all can.

It doesn't sound like it will be a comfortable period, but I believe in you to get through it to the otherside, with the benefit of coming out an even wealthier person in terms of experience and resilience.

Do let us know how we can help support you.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

that is sad news to hear dee i am sorry for your situation, i dont know you personaly or your details when you mention mrs dee is out of the country ? can you not join her or her join you ? sorry if thats to personal to discuss

as for your landlord not wishing to renew your lease ? i thought if you take out the lease then you would have to pay him for the time period covered
ie if you lease for a year then you have to pay a years rent if you move or not so its a win win thing for the landlord as if you moved out in under the year he has his rent money from you and can re let it out again to make twice the payment

if that isnt the case then could you not negotiate with him to find a suitable way around it
offer him 6 months rent or something like that ?

just some suggestions for you dee and i hope everything works out for you as i like how you are as a person around here and the amount of people you have helped
you deserve some good fortune in your life
Old 07-01-2014, 12:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can't speak about Mrs Dee. One of my boundaries.
She'd be here if she could - she can't

For a lot of bureaucratic and health reasons, moving out of the country is not an option Desy.

Just moving in the same community is a big enough strain for me right now.

D
Old 07-01-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((dee))))). you know I feel you. what is it with landlords? I hear a lot of railing against tenants and such. All I can say is that I will keep you in my thoughts. We Were driving around today and I have a very bad, negative habit of counting the empty store fronts and empty apartments for rent. And houses for sale?

so, as I have been advised, you might try this: make a list of all you need in a place to live. Be as detailed and specific as you can be. I know I'm on the short clock with my slum lord. He was here today, looking in the windows and calling my husband through the screens. the creepiest guy youd want with the keys to your house. I have never been late with the rent or asked him to fix anything.

So, I'll be visualizing with you. I'll see the the perfect place for you. All your needs met. I'll visualize you unpacking and getting settled with a smile in your heart. I'll see the sun shine on your porch. I'll see the breeze blowing the curtains in your kitchen.

In the meantime, I will see help coming your way.

Much love from Lenina
Old 07-01-2014, 12:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Oh, Dee. I'm so sorry! A zillion, zillion tons of juju being sent down under

But if anyone can get through this, you can. And your resourcefulness and wisdom will have reached the stratosphere when you do
Old 07-01-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think anybody would be freaked out in your situation! You will weather this tense period and come out stronger on the other side. Hard to get through till then, though! Definitely praying for a speedy resolution.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Oh, Dee

So so sorry to hear this.

As someone who faced very complicated housing situation very recently, I understand you so much.

I do hope that all this will be sorted out and you'll be settled soon.

My very best, strong, super positive vibes to you.

For all this great work and support you are doing for us, there just must be lots of good karma generated which will get back to you resolving this issue.

Keep us updated and take care of yourself.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Dee, you are in my prayers tonight. I know you will figure it out. I'm so sorry you are going through that.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Dee - thinking of you and sending you lots of positive thoughts. If there is such a thing as karma - you must be a recipient of good karma. I really hope things work out of you.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Dee what city are you in? Are you near Brisbane? If so I may be able to help, please PM me if this is the case.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good luck, Dee! I hope you get things sorted out. Hard to accomplish much when you're working on keeping a roof over your head. Keep us posted as much as you are able.

We're pulling for you!