SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   hi (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/337463-hi.html)

MasterSkywalker 06-30-2014 11:21 PM

hi

hi new here... just wanted to say hello... could use some support...

Nuudawn 06-30-2014 11:23 PM

Welcome MS. Support is what this place is all about. Love to hear more of your story.

MeeFreee 06-30-2014 11:29 PM

Hi how are you??

DisplacedGRITS 07-01-2014 12:29 AM

Welcome, young Padawan. How about you tell us about yourself so we can see how to help you out?

Ghostlight1 07-01-2014 02:29 AM

Hello and welcome. Feel free to post away.

PurpleKnight 07-01-2014 02:57 AM

Welcome to the Forum!! Great to have you onboard!! :wave:

IOAA2 07-01-2014 03:08 AM

Hi and welcome. Support is here if asked for. Do you have a problem? If so try to read a bunch of posts to get some ideas and see how the help pours out.

BE WELL

MasterSkywalker 07-01-2014 04:52 AM

im very nervous about telling my personal information, its always been who I am. ive been sober 31 days... been doing it mostly on my own, I don't do well in groups of people. I get very physically ill when im around them. I have other issues but I don't like to talk about them...

IOAA2 07-01-2014 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by MasterSkywalker (Post 4752702)
im very nervous about telling my personal information, its always been who I am. ive been sober 31 days... been doing it mostly on my own, I don't do well in groups of people. I get very physically ill when im around them. I have other issues but I don't like to talk about them...

Your reasons are common among alcoholics and with each day of sobriety they may change as many become less anxious and may see the need to work on the reasons we drink to begin with.
For me it was to relax and be comfortable in my surroundings and social settings which made me self conscious and shy. It worked for a period and an increased amount was needed to accomplish the same results until the amount consumed me and it became necessary to maintain a high intake.
By me going to meetings, even if I didn’t want to, I learned how to deal with life on lifes terms, not mine. The end result which takes time is a feeling of being comfortable in my own skin, most of the time.

BE WELL

MasterSkywalker 07-01-2014 01:14 PM

if I don't feel comfortable opening up, then nobody will help me?

PurpleKnight 07-01-2014 01:22 PM

Opening up isn't that necessary, we're all here for the same common purpose, to sort out our addiction, sometimes reading can be helpful as well as posting, whatever works for you, there's no criteria to open up, everything can be in your own time! :)

There's a wealth of experience and understanding on many addictions here, so we can share on what is relevant to yourself or what you're struggling with!! :)

HeadLump 07-01-2014 01:26 PM

Welcome, MasterSkywalker :wave: And congratulations on 31 days sober - that's a brilliant start :bigok:

trachemys 07-01-2014 01:48 PM

:wavey:

This isn't a bare your soul kind of place. YOU lead the discussion about you.

I would suggest that you join the current new member group: Class of July 2014
It really helps to have a "home" and a group as a starting point. It's a great source of support. Then you can branch out to other areas.

There's 137000+ registed members here. 490 on line right now. Every technique for recovery(short of deals with the devil) is up for discussion. Dive in and congratulations on 31 days.

Hevyn 07-01-2014 03:11 PM

Welcome MasterSkywalker. You are not alone - we care about you and want to help.

Congratulations on your 31 sober days.

Dee74 07-01-2014 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by MasterSkywalker (Post 4753616)
if I don't feel comfortable opening up, then nobody will help me?

Hi MS - and welcome :)

Like others have said - you lead the discussion about yourself here, at whatever level you feel comfortable with.

Noone here needs to know your real name, address, occupation or anything like that....

but the more info you can give us on the substance abuse problem that bought you here, it's likely the more people can help, that's all :)

You hold the reigns here, Master S. :)

D

bookmaven 07-01-2014 04:20 PM

What can we do to help?

MasterSkywalker 07-02-2014 05:29 AM

ok, yes im sorry... I should have mentioned I was a drug addict and a alcoholic... im not in good space right now because someone who I thought cared for me, basically told me I was unstable and a addict... her words made me feel like a worthless monster... to be honest, I don't care what pain she is in... friends don't talk to friends in that manner... it hurts and she doesn't care...

ElleDee 07-02-2014 05:59 AM

31 days sober is fantastic! Congratulations!

:a122: