Notices

Starting... somewhere

Old 06-30-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting... somewhere

Hello All,

As most (well ALL) of you... I am starting, in the middle of or at the end of recovery.. but does recovery from an addiction ever end?

I am a mother of two small children, I slowly because addicted to pain medications after the birth of my second child. During my second pregnancy I was going through a divorce with the man I married after a 10 year courtship through high school and college after he decided to cheat on me, which I did find out about two weeks after I found out I was pregnant with my second child. After giving birth to my second child, I had many pain problems with my ovaries, when my period came back, clogged ducts while breast feeding and normal usage of pain meds turned into a "I can't wait to get home from work and take one of my 5mg percocets" to a 120mg percocet a day habit two years later.

I Realized... its time to get clean. The drug was taking over my personality, how I raised and spoke to my children and obviously was taking over my life financially.. and as a single mother, I do not have much wiggle room financially.. so that meant dipping into retirement savings, credit cards and whatever money my father would give me to get by on... which was a lot.

After my divorce I was very fortunate. We sold our home while still married and I while I was still pregnant, about 6 months.. SO my father bought me a 2 bedroom condo in a very nice area in suburban America... and my 1st little boy who was about 15 months old at the time, were nicely settled into our new condo/home by the time the new baby came. So my father paid my rent, paid my bills and financially support me straight for several, several months until I was back up on my feet and back to work after the baby was born...

I took advantage of my father the most, which disappoints me the most finically. I took advantage of the love my children give me unconditionally which also disapointmented me. I let a bad situation and bad life event completely ruin me. Take over me. I turned to escapes because I didn't want to deal with my life... which I am sure is the start of many peoples stories.

Now I live at home with my now 3 year old and 18 month old little boys, still not working and still financially supported by my father.. and still semi addicted opiates.

I have bought suboxone off the street... I started on a strip a day and I am now down to 1/4 of a strip in the morning of suboxone every morning with two valiums and some ibuprofen. Far cry from what I use to do.

I still take opiates tho, I will take 30mg of percocet in the afternoon or evening to "chill".. again, these are all far cries from what i use to do... but I am NOT clean. I want to be there and in my heart I feel like I am going in the right direction..

Its getting there and finishing that seems to be my hurdle and problem.

What to do?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome from a fellow wisconsinite. My DOC was alcohol, but we all understand addiction well here at SR. You'll find a wealth of info as well as support here. Have you considered meetings or some kind of outpatient program at all to help kick the remaining drugs for good?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

You'll find loads of support and advice here from plenty of people who understand addiction!!

You can do this!!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

you're in the right place and it seems like you want this all by yourself and that is wonderful! You will find lots of support here! Keep on going, just one day at a time!