Notices

my son

Old 06-30-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my son

i am new to this site , not new to the horror addiction can have on a family and loved one. my son 24 has been an addict for 7 years. in and out of every drug rehab , arrested 13 times and almost died from stab wounds. we come from your average family , no physical, drug or alcohol abuse. i can't wrap my head around how this happened to him. i realize while seeing him in jail that i cannot bail him out anymore because i know he will shoot up and die. he hates me and tries to manipulate us into thinking that his promises will mean anything. i guess i'm writing for support and how to stop feeling the guilt of his addiction. we love him but just don't know how to help him, he is destined to destroy his life and ours along with it. i am going to start to go to meeting locally but if there is anyone out there that can help me get through this without losing myself to it please write back. i have already been hospitalized over this and just don't know how to maintain my life, i am consumed with worry over him.
lee
Old 06-30-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i live on long island, is there anyone on this site that is going to a meeting so i can communicate personally?
Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum oceanlady!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR, I have no personal experience to share, I just wanted to say hello, but support for yourself is definitely the main priority to help you get through this!!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome oceanlady. Sorry to hear about your son. The most important thing you can do at this point is help yourself - glad to hear you are going to a meeting. You could also check out the friends and family forum here, there are many others who are in the same kind of situation you are there. Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information