Notices

15 Days

Old 06-29-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

15 Days

Hi everyone-- I am doing this a bit backwards as I have commented on a number of threads but have not officially introduced myself after joining two weeks ago. So, that is what I'd like to do now as well as say thanks for helping and motivating me through challenging moments I've experienced so far when I have wanted to give in and drink. Many more of those to come, I am sure.

Anyway, glad I can say I am almost done with day 15....the AV was quite sassy this weekend.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi dare, welcome. I joined Friday. It's been nice reading and sharing experiences. Congrats on 15 days! Best wishes!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Daretodream, 15 days is FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is fantastic Dare to dream ... 15days...so you have got through the worst first few days.....you can do it.....
Old 06-29-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 15 Dare

The AV can be quite sassy - but lean on the support you have here, and elsewhere - you'll get through this

D
Old 06-30-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on 15 Days!!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, for the encouragement. 15 days, actually now 16 does feel fantastic. Mostly because weekends have been hard and getting over another hurdle...well, the only word to describe it is "Whew"!!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, congrats on 16 days! Glad you've joined us.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

We are on the same day! Woot woot....we WILL prevail!!
Old 06-30-2014, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You're doing great!!! I don't know if this will be of interest but here's a little but if what worked for me: in the beginning I broke the time down into milestones - my first big milestone was 100 days. I remember being at 20 days and thinking wow now I have to do this 4 more times and I'll be there. Then after I celebrated 100, I committed to 180 days. Now I'm looking at 365 (115 days to go!). For me breaking down the days really helped to get away from forever thinking, and made it a little competition with myself.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wonderful to have you with us. Proud of you for attaining 15 days.
It will continue to get even better.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

J2911 - congrats on your 16 days! I fully intend to keep putting my German stubborness to good use.(for once).

Sonoma - I appreciate the tip and will do that. Way to go on reaching your milestone. Wish I could fast-forward to your number of days and skip the rough part!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great job! Keep it up!!! I hear it gets easier and more rewarding the longer you stay abstinent! I wouldn't know....but hope to one day! Xo

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 06-30-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hi, DaretoDream! I felt like my first month sober was the longest each time I got sober. Well, I was awake a lot more than when I'd been drinking so I guess that's part of it! Also, I really, really wanted to stop raising my hand when they asked who in the room was in their first 30 days of recovery. The thing is, raising my hand during those 30 days went from something shameful to something wonderful. When I raised my hand, I was acknowledging that I was new and in need of help and willing to admit my defeat and accept help. Raising my hand was an act of acceptance and honesty, which are two principles I base my sobriety and my life on.

Don't wish away these early days of sobriety. They are the days you will reflect upon later and realize how amazing it was that you pulled through them. They're the days you will remember when you feel tempted. You'll remember how you felt during those days and never want to revisit that physical and mental strain. Our early days are precious and full of lessons to be learned. I am always amazed by people in their first month of sobriety, especially if it's their first sober month ever. You are doing this on the faith that it will get better. That is absolutely amazing. Congrats on having faith and carry this time with you so that you will continue to learn from it and share it with others who are struggling.

Keep it up! It really does get better.