Notices

Body pain

Old 06-29-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Body pain

Did anyones body feel in pain all over when they stop drinking? I have re stopped after a slip up from a month sober last night and it feels like my insides are all acheing
Old 06-29-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
waking down

Oh, yes. I have to say, though, that after six months sober I am experiencing less pain than when I was drinking and taking Percocet. Stick it out. It gets better. If not, consider seeing a doctor.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I had all over body pain. Drink lots of fluids, and maybe try some carrot juice and/or pomegranate juice, they are really high in potassium and seem to soothe somehow.

Make sure you save a copy of your post here so that next time you are tempted to slip up you will remember the agony. Somebody shared that they did that and it was some of the greatest advice I ever read here, since I tend to forget how bad things can be while drinking or mostly when I go back to it. I started keeping notes of all the pain and turmoil so I could read over it and not be tempted to 'slip' back. It is a 'slip' isn't it? That is a great word! It's like you're not paying attention and you 'slip' because you weren't paying attention. I'm keeping notes about past misery so that I can pay attention and not 'slip' back to the awfulness that sounds so good at first.

Great job on your month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it going. Jump back in!
Old 06-29-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PolarBearLion View Post
Did anyones body feel in pain all over when they stop drinking? I have re stopped after a slip up from a month sober last night and it feels like my insides are all acheing
YES! I'm only on day 4 so it was just 4 short days ago that I felt like my body got run over by a semi truck! Try to rest, drink lots of water, it will pass. Good luck and don't beat yourself up about having a slip. That will just make it worse! I had almost 6 years and relapsed last fall. After my relapse, I beat myself up by binge drinking on and off for 8 months. Guess what....It didn't make anything better. Hang in there! It DOES get better. Those 6 years were a heck of a lot better than drinking. My problem was...I forgot how bad it was because I stopped doing all the things I used to do to keep me sober. I have a good forgetter! We all do!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 06-30-2014, 12:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeap, the body needs time to heal, but if anything is really concerning you I'd check in with a Dr just to be safe!!
Old 06-30-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for answering, at least I know its not just me with the weird all over body pain, feels more like my insides that are in pain, But hopefully itll pass soon! Anyways thanks again for replying