Notices

The new guy with second shot at recovery.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Guitar Player

The new guy with second shot at recovery.

Hi all! I am a recovering addict coming off of pain killer abuse. I beat it once and went about 3 months clean until stress took over and I relapsed. I go to school full time, work about 50 hours a week and tag team parenthood with my wife with a 3 year old and soon to be 1 year old. We took on too much at once. The second time around we told ourselves we would get through the rest of the school semester and be done wwith it. Go through the withdrawal and dopamine issues (for me anyway) while taking the summer off. The start of the last week, we got pulled over and caught with 4 pills and have arrangement July 11th and sentencing July 24th. This coming Tuesday will be one month clean. We're attending a great counseling program in our area and are full force stronger this time. I have no urge to use again, but I know the more support the better to keep head strong.Browsing these forums made me feel this a good place to be, so here I am! I look forward to sharing, learning and growing in the SR.com community!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't post a ton but I read a lot. I like it. Good luck going forward.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Guitar Player

I appreciate it! I have a clean record so I am hoping the fact I am clean and in counseling via a treatment center the courts use goes good and I do not get anything on my record. I'm clean, headstrong and confident! TThat is all I can be for the time being. Better than worrying and making recovery worse
Old 06-29-2014, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great mindset and welcome! I am fairly new to SR as well but find it to be an integral part of my recovery. Everyone here is supportive and we all have the same mission. Good Luck!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you joined the family. You'll find lots of support here.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Guitar Player

I am already loving what I am seeing while just randomly bouncing around. I am very glad I found this place. I think I am going to grow and like it here. I love your signature. I absolutely love dogs. My wife is highly allergic though She gave it a shot and I was given a pre trained full blood 6 month old pit bull. After a week he had to go. Since I can not have my best friend, I am glad to see those who can show their love!
Old 06-30-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!