Notices

Help me!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Help me!!!!!!!!!

Friends,

It would be of great help to me if you could read this and give me some directions.

I am Steve, a 28 yr old Marketing manager for one of the prestigious companies int he field of Heavy Machinery, and this is my story.

My Dad died 7 years ago of Liver cancer, he was an alcoholic, I am the only son and my mom was broken down, even mentally unstable when my dad passed. SHe became deeply paranoid regarding booze.

When i was in the final year of Engineering, a sent off party was organised and as it happens in occasions like this, i got pretty drunk and went home. Next day i woke up, i found 4 heavily built men in white uniforms ( form some detox center) standing before me, they restrained me when i tried to fight and took me to this "center" where alcoholics were treated.I was there for 4 months straight, even missed my final exams.

I was given antabuse medication for this 4 months, after that i was let out. I was never a regular or ever an social drinker, so i cleared my back logs and went for PG in marketing at a residential B-School, i did not drink for a few months, because frankly i was never attracted to booze. One day i had a few drinks with my friends with absolutely no reaction. I was far away from home ( from my mom), so i guess she couldn't trick me into administering antabuse without me knowing.

One day i went home after semester exams, got together with my old classmates, got talking, went travelling and ended in a party and got drunk. if i were in my consciousness i would have never went home. But i was wasted and didnt know what i was doing and went home.

THE SAME THINGS HAPPENED AGAIN- DE-TOX for 2 months again.

I got a job as soon as i could and ran away from home.Never went back. I got married after then had a lovely daughter. I used to take booze maybe once in a month on official meetings etc. I was leading a happy life, i thought i should take my daughter and go see my mom.

i went there 20 days ago, everything was happy and merry. She asked me casually that if i am taking any booze, i replied that i would take in occasions of client meetings , office party and all, i assured her that i am not like dad , she doesnt have to worry about me and i dont booze regularly or even periodically, once in a month or maximum twice. She acted normal, i thought everything was ok.

When we were leaving she gave me fresh homemade apricot jam, i thought it was out of love.

Yesterday there was an office party, i was bright red as a tomato, eyes red, vomiting, shortness of breath, rapid heart beat, blurred vision, etc i think i was having a heart attack, went to the doctor and he told me that i am having a disulfiram reaction.

I was a clown in front of my clients and colleagues, the purpose of why the party was organised did not serve its purpose because everybody thought i was having a heart attack and rushed me to emergency.

I cant allow this "antabuse" destroying my career.

I think mom administered antabuse in my jam. I called her up and asked her this, as usual she denied it.

SHE WAS TELLING ME THAT THE ANTABUSE THERAPY I TOOK TWICE REMAINS DORMANT IN THE BLOOD FOREVER AND WHENEVER I HAVE A DRINK I WILL HAVE A REACTION, AND SHE IS VERY HAPPY I CANT DRINK AGAIN.

But i took alcohol before i went to my mom's place and there was no reaction.... never.

FRIENDS I REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE TRUTH REGARDING THIS, DOES DISULFIRAM OR ANY OTHER ANTABUSE DRUGS REMAIN IN YOUR SYSTEM FOREVER OR DOES IT GET, METABOLIZED OR PURIFIED BY THE KIDNEY IN SOME TIME PERIOD. IF THERE IS SUCH A TIME PERIOD PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

i WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH, PLEASE TELL ME GUYS, IS THE EFFECTS PERMENANT.?????!!!!!!1
Old 06-29-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It can stay in your system for two weeks per Wikipedia. There is no drug on earth that will stay in your system for life.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have no experience of Antabuse, but someone spiking food is dangerous - particularly with something like Antabuse.

You said your mother had mental illness problems? I think I'd be keeping away, and keeping my child away. She could have killed you.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No.
It does not stay any longer than your body and bloodstream takes to clear it.

Why on earth the doctor didn't tell you this is beyond me.

If you want a quick verbal professional opinion, call any pharmacy. They're the perfect ones to answer this question in more detail.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i will do that lethe, never crossed my mind actually. i thought doctors will advice you wrongly to prevent you from taking alcohol.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I'm sorry to hear all of this. I wouldn't imagine that it could stay in your blood but if this is hat you suspect, that your mom put it in your jam, please stay away. What if your daughter had gotten into it?

Best of luck.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My simple advice is to stay off the booze, see a doctor for health concerns and seek more support.