Notices

Uggh again

Old 06-28-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Uggh again

Yesterday I was 6 days sober, felt great and actually drank water for most of those days. Then... Last night boredom set in, I had a few drinks and here I am. 24 hours later I have the same disconnected from the world awful hangover I've been getting. I think my body is starting to reject alcohol. About 30 years of drinking has probably started taking it's toll on me. I know I have to get sober once and for all. Reading the posts in this site are encouraging.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it's good your body is letting you know that it wants you to stop. For me, I can't drink like I used to with out feeling like crap for several days. This last time, I noticed that I got tremors and finally connected it to the alcohol. It freaked me out and it was then I knew that I had to give it up completely. We have to listen to our bodies. They're trying to save us!
Old 06-28-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

24 hour of sobriety has more value then 30 years of drinking. I am certain the head hurts, the anxiety has set in, but at the same time you realize it this time. How much awesome is that, you want to get better and can.

Life doesn't end with the bottle, but immortality begins with putting it down. I am proud of you, and just focus on what you have to do not what has been done. You are who you want to be, don't ever forget that.... And I think you want to be sober...
Stay safe and sober friend
Old 06-28-2014, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My sister told me today that I added twenty years to my life by quitting drinking. She's probably right.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it, when I started going to AA they told me I never had to feel that way again and they were right!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good morning, I'm hoping today is much better. I woke up, sat up and immediately started crying. It tough to think the thing I'm most afraid of is myself. My worse enemy is me. The jack of all trades who spent a lifetime perfecting how to hid my true identity a secret is crashing down on me. I've mastered a way to handle every circumstance I have ever been in. Never letting very many people see the real me. I've been called an actress 2 times, 10 years apart by 2 different people. The first time I was proud, the second I was ashamed. Now I'm starting a new chapter. One that doesn't include masking myself. No more doing my eyeliner a different way every day so when someone looks at my eyes they think what's different, oh it's her make up. I know I'm ready for this. One more hangover and I could lose my mind. With the help of you all I think the world I've been wanting to be a part of for so long will welcome me. Hello world. I'm glad to be a part of you.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi Whyme, 30 years of drinking can be difficult to change. Do you have a plan for when the regret wears off and your AV (alcoholic voice) starts telling you one or two won't hurt? Have you tried AA or some other form of support?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Glad you made it back after just one day. It's not uncommon for alcoholics to try drinking again after a period of sobriety. It's hard to start a new life - but ever so worth it.

Boredom will come again. Whatcha gonna do differently next time?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Glad you made it back after just one day. It's not uncommon for alcoholics to try drinking again after a period of sobriety. It's hard to start a new life - but ever so worth it.
Yes, very well done for getting straight back on it, Whyme Sobriety is the way to go
Old 06-29-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all I guess I haven't thought that far ahead. I'm looking forward to working out and taking long walks and spending time with my family but other then that I only have this group. Maybe I will revisit AA. It's been 10 years since I've went. Only went a few times but it's worth a shot again. Anything I can do to keep myself sober (or in my case alive).
Old 06-29-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You gotta sort out that boredom, plan new activities for your Saturday, sitting around simply not drinking is going to lead to the same thing happening, when we take out the activity of drinking, we can't just sit doing nothing thinking about drinking, we need a new activity.

Go at it again, you'll get there!!
Old 06-29-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know I totally agree. Today I'm heading to the pool. Evenings are harder for me. I'll be back on here later joining the discussions. For now it's time to go enjoy a day off work that I'm not lying on the couch feeling like a zombie
Old 06-29-2014, 09:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

best time to choose sobriety is always RIGHT NOW.

you can do it.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're back and trying again. Lord knows it took me a few tries to finally get it!