Notices

Hope

Old 06-28-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hope

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies" Shawshank Redemption

I was thinking today, I was thinking about all I've done, all the people I hurt.... The damage I've caused and then I realized something. Those things matter, but what matters more is me! It all started with me and will all end with me! Yes, I/we have choices!

With a world of possibilities, we as people, have the innate ability to affect both positive or negative changes on ourselves. That single thought gave me hope. Haha hope, I found you again my old friend... For one single solitary moment I felt like a freshman in highschool filled with dreams, hopes, promises, a nativity in life that promises nothing, but the best for me.

I thought to myself, is high school the end of those dreams, what about college, what about my 20's or 30's ( I am 34) what about if I was even in my 70's? I think not, hope exist at all stages of our lives, hope exist in places where despair has wreaked its havoc. If surrounded by havoc, I would think it easy to find hope.....

So I have that hope, I am/ maybe we should seize upon that hope! Remember when things were easy, remember when life was field of fertile corn of opportunity to be picked ( overly melodramatic comment haha). I am going to seize on those feelings, I want life to be filled with opportunity. SO FOR TODAY I WON"T DRINK! Today I don't drink I won't drink and I curse the unholy plethora of stifling hate, anger, confusion, inebriated, poisonous, (insert badness here we have all felt) alcohol does!

Damn right,, I am being philosophical, empirical in thought and idealistic.... I have ever right to be, we all have that right, we're sober or trying to be and that matters on a level no can describe.

I read in a post earlier, someone said they were weak! Nobody here on this site is weak. The weak don't come to a site like this, the weak don't consider sobriety, the weak don't think things can get better, the weak just don't register here! I don't see weak people, I see strong courageous individual who want and will change if they want to.... So have hope my friends, its all we got, have hope you can change, have hope I can change, have hope for our futures, have HOPE! Even in a world filled with bad, hope exist in the biggest way.

TDG hoping you all have sober and safe weekend friends. TDG out.....
Old 06-28-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for sharing your hope.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rock on my friend!!!!

Thanks for sharing, that was awesome!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What an awesome post TDG. Thanks, I needed that today. As an aside , Shawshank Redemption is one of my favorite movies.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for an uplifting post Tdg. In particular I love the last paragraph. I'm so thankful that in my darkest hour I've always had a spark of hope - and reached out for it.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post!!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are right. I have said it more than once, active alcoholics/addicts are among the worst people whom I have ever met, but recovering people are among the kindest, wisest, most compassionate, patient, and yes, strongest people alive. When I was in therapy once, I told my therapist that I felt so weak for being there. She said it is the strongest people who admit that they have a problem and seek help.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was raised in an environment where it seemed the message was of absolutely extreme self sufficiency. You were basically encouraged to sort it out yourself and asking for help was some sort of weakness, especially in emotional matters.

Turns out what I thought was an attitude of strength was actually an attitude of extreme fear...borne of abandonment and rejection. There was no faith in love...

I just figured that out.

Thank you for the inspiring message TDG