Notices

Struggling with life after

Old 06-28-2014, 04:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
instant

[QUOTE=recoverholic;

A lot of the time I just want to be alone. It's almost like a chore to go out and interact with people. I have lost interest in life and what the world has to offer. All the things I use to enjoy are now just a thought that I quickly dismiss and decide to stay locked away in my bed room instead. My motivation is gone, most of the time I don't see the point in doing anything. I don't have goals because I feel like what's the point. I use to be so competitive, full of energy, driven, laughing all the time and just generally happy with a positive outlook on life. This was before heavy drinking by the way. Now I don't feel like I even know myself, I feel strange in my own skin. I feel dead inside, I'm just simply existing. I find it very difficult to go out and actually enjoy myself in social situations. I get bored much more quickly. I am confused on what I want to do with my life. I don't know which career to pursue because I have no clue what I really want. I haven't bothered with getting into a relationship in years. I'm tired of feeling so isolated and lonely.

on it.[/QUOTE]

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your health issues.

I agree with some other posters about having to "work" recovery etc. I quoted the last part because i wonder if you have done any reading about depression or talked to anyone about the possibility it might be worth checking out?