Notices

I need help... please...

Old 06-27-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help... please...

I feel like it was me, who was addicted- bc I love a woman who is completely addicted to opiates... I promised her that I'd nvr leave her... that I'd be there until she took her last breath... No matter what. For ten years, I gave up everything that was me- bc it seemed like that was the only way I could show her what she considered love- I took it all... breaking more and more, everyday... and when there was nothing left to take- she moved on. I have nothing now... am trying to exist back in a world that I was absent from for ten years- AND I FEEL COMPLETELY LOST... I just need advice... direction... please, someone- help me
Old 06-27-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've heard great things about Alanon! Also, there's a thread on SR for families of addicts and alcoholics. Wishing you the best!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=lostinher626;4745456what. For ten years, I gave up everything that was me[/QUOTE]

That's as good a definition as any regarding addiction whether that be to a substance or a behaviour. Addiction is about a complete loss of self due to an extreme fascination or obsession to something.

We can tell ourselves is it love...but it is not love if it takes so much...you have nothing left. That's addiction.

Please look for some support for codependency and relationship/love addiciton. It can be as insidious and soul destroying as substance abuse.

As ultradad suggests..perhaps look up alanonon or other codependency recovery resources.

Bright blessings to you friend.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!

It's now time to look after YOU, you put all your energy into this woman, addiction can be a very selfish thing, all those years she took what she could get, but in the end it's time for YOU to focus on your own life.

Don't give this woman anymore of your time, she's moved on, time for you to stop putting your life on hold for her anymore!!