Notices

Having a tough time

Old 06-27-2014, 04:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a tough time

Feel sick. I keep falling back into this same hole and don't know if I'll ever get out. Another terrible night filled with regret. My cousin has a few months to live. She pounds vodka all day. Her husband died last year from drinking and pills. My mom is getting married tomorrow and I should be happy but I don't like all this change. I flew across the country for this wedding and don't even want to go. I suffer from major depression and anxiety and my mom constantly makes me feel like a loser. Well because she calls me one. Yells at me. Most of the time for no reason. I miss my home and my dog. I'm sorry to complain but no one else understands. I don't want to die I have beautiful kids. Everyone will be trashed at the wedding especially this new husband. I want to be sober at the wedding but it will be one of the hardest things I've done in awhile. He's a gambler and drinker. Like me without the gambling. I have enough in laws and am not enthusiastic about having a new group of people to criticize me. I just want to go home.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Went outside to work on wedding preparations. I feel better and am just going to help more today. It keeps me from focusing on all the negative stupid things.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes if I am that situation, I nice glass of seltzer cranberry and lime keeps me sober and keeps people off my back. Looks like a cocktail, but isn't. Just gets
Me through the more difficult events, good luck and hang in there, play the tape, you will only feel worse tomorrow if you partake!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry your own mom treats you like that. I've never understood how a parent can be so cruel to her own children, it just blows my mind...they're just words though, words from someone who, to me, sounds incredibly irrational and has lots of her own problems to deal with before she can even THINK about pointing out anyone else's.

I wish you luck this weekend, and I hope it's not too difficult. Just remember that it's only a weekend, crappy as it may be. It WILL end, and you'll get through it.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's good advice ej. I'm going to try that. Or maybe ginger ale in a beer glass
Old 06-27-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

It's good you're helping with wedding preps... keeps your mind off of other things. Good luck this weekend... you are strong... do what you know is best.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You have a good attitude. Praying for you as you get through this wedding.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep in mind that at some points in the wedding you will be able to slip away unnoticed for some quiet time, outside or away from the main group, people won't miss you if they are drinking and as other people will be busy those that aren't drinking won't notice you're away for a bit, some fresh air and a breather may do some good.

You can do this!!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support and wisdom