Notices

Glad I found this site, missing alcoholic exboyfriend

Old 06-26-2014, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Glad I found this site, missing alcoholic exboyfriend

Hey everybody, I just kept looking for people that goes through the same I am. I broke up with my exabf and miss him so much (we met one year ago and lasted 8 months together)

. The worst thing is that I left him without any word and try to fix things two weeks later and he didn't take me back.
I was so furious of his blackouts and living in different countries made it more difficult. His family hates me apparently so I feel like a lost everything I had.
We were planning to get married and I just fund out he was going to propose in a couple of months.
He admits that he drinks, that thats what he likes, and he does that every single day to the point that he goes to bed until he pass out. He does drink usually in his apartment.
He depends a lot of his sister, they live together and apparently he follows her advices.
I used to fly and see him to his country, and at the beginning I thought his drinking problem was just temporary cause his family sold their company and he was rich enough to have a "sabat year" but he doesn't want to work full time now and he makes money out of investments with his sister.
When I left him, I was so sure about it, but two weeks later I called him and left him a voice mail telling him, that I didn't like my life without him, that we should work to get back all those perfect moments we lived together and that we should stop acting like children.... he never answered my voice mail (one month ago).

Everywhere I go I miss him. But I do know drinking problems are progressive, most of all in people that admits they like to drink and doesn't have any intentions of quitting.
He now will complete a full year without his driver license because of a DUI las year. So I spent most of the time driving with him in my country or me driving his car in his country.

He was so nice with me, but when he was drunk he was very sweet with his girlfriends in front of me. I told him to stop doing that but he said no bad intentions was on his attitude. He did that since I met him so I told my self: as long he didn't cheat on me...that was ok.

The point now, is that I miss him, and I even think about going after him. But at the end of the day I don't do it because of my fear to be rejected or get back together and he take advantage of the situation and be narcissist (he was a little narcissist sometimes).

I am 35 and he just turned 35 last week, He went to spent his bday with his family (father and siblings) to the place I begged him to take me and never did.

He is still paying for my cellphone and hasn't unfriended me from Facebook or my family ( I temporarilly closed my fb account so I wouldn't see what he was doing or him seeing what I was doing). His sister unfriended me so I guess she was happy we broke up. I used to drink with them (even with his sister who drinks less than he does) sometimes and sometimes I got aggravated and fight with him in front of her or his friends. I am not used to drink.

His father took him to rehab three times but he never told me about it. I found it out from another resource.

People who told me that he had drinking problems: two of his cousins, his made, his best friend and an his elderly neighbor sweet woman.

What do you think I should do?
Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you need to find new answers for your loneliness and the pain in your heart. It was bad enough for you to leave..
Like an alcoholic who swears off the drink after too much torment...sooner or later he can only remember the good times, he/she things it wasn't a problem after all, must have been mistaken!
Often those who fall in love with alcoholics and addicts...have their own pain they are running from.
Life with an active alcoholic...one who drinks everyday until he passes out would be no picnic.
Why is this the life you would want?
There are other fish in the sea..
but when you are actually "addicted" to one fish, you can't fathom another.
Did your father have addiction issues by any chance?
Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No, he used to drink before I was born and had never drink again. Neither does my mom, she would have a beer very occasional.