Notices

Hello and help

Old 06-26-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The fears and questions you have reminds me of my state of mind when I registered here almost 3 years ago. My first thread was about the ambivalence I felt about stopping, and to me, it sounds like you're not 100% ready to give it up. After I started posting here, I stayed around for a couple of months, but I went back to drinking. Now, three years later, it feels different, and the difference is commitment. Once alcohol gets a hold of you and you think life is no good without it, it takes more than "maybe I should give it up" to actually give it up.

Originally Posted by TimidTulip View Post
I have an academic brain, i need to read, learn and educate myself about things so I can control them, so the more you write, the better it will be!
I also have a thing about control and I don't know how your need to control manifests itself, but mine is related to why I got addicted to alcohol in the first place.

Anyway, I wish you luck! I hope it won't be a problem for you to give it up, but if it's a struggle, keep coming back here and it might help to talk about it with people who know exactly how it feels to give up something you think you can't live without. Then when you do stop, you'll learn that you were wrong.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I don't have as much advise as anyone else because I'm struggling myself...but to quit drinking as part of a "deal" doesn't work. You have to want to. I made several deals with my ex that never worked out. Just saying...
Old 06-27-2014, 05:01 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's a challenge for everyone....you can do it!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Skoonle View Post
I don't have as much advise as anyone else because I'm struggling myself...but to quit drinking as part of a "deal" doesn't work. You have to want to. I made several deals with my ex that never worked out. Just saying...
I'm right with you on that !
Old 06-27-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sure it's fun, and drinking in the morning is an absolute ball, but there are consequences. If your liver could talk it would say please don't do this today.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aborkie View Post
If your liver could talk it would say please don't do this today.
^ correct....but that is clearly the censored version, hehe!