Notices

Lost weight?

Old 06-27-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Sure, there are days I wished I weighed less....but it's not the most important thing. Staying sober IS.
Staying sober is awesome, I'm at 18 months and I don't even feel like I'm the same person, I'm happy and look forward to things now. But the weight is frustrating, especially when you've been at it the whole 18 months and it's not just a 10 or even 20 vanity pounds. So, I'm seeing a doc to rule anything out.

I will say, in early sobriety (first 90 days) I was pretty relaxed about it and focused on learning tools to stay sober.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh yeah massively, say I drank 10-15 beers, on top of eating normally that's an excess of 2000 calories minimum. That's a pound every two days. I'm amazed I didn't get fatter.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I lost 10lbs when I first quit in a month. I subsequently gained back 25 lbs in the next 3 months. Six months ago I made the decision to cut out wheat based products, all processed sugar and all processed foods from my diet. I also added a rigorous workout routine.

I am down 40lbs in 6 months. I have less than 15% body fat and plan to loose the last 20lbs to be 7% body fat over the next 6 months.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Will let you know in a month or so!! I hope I do though, i consume about 1000 calories daily in wine alone, so being down 7000 per week should see about 2lb a week off!!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jdooner View Post
I lost 10lbs when I first quit in a month. I subsequently gained back 25 lbs in the next 3 months. Six months ago I made the decision to cut out wheat based products, all processed sugar and all processed foods from my diet. I also added a rigorous workout routine.

I am down 40lbs in 6 months. I have less than 15% body fat and plan to loose the last 20lbs to be 7% body fat over the next 6 months.

Great job on your progress J !!!

Not Back to Black, .....Back to badass
Old 06-27-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
I dropped 25+ kgs in 3-4 weeks (55lbs according to google). Most of that was probably stress and anxiety related (the ONLY good thing about stress and anxiety btw), but no doubt cutting out the empty calories contributed as well.
55lbs in 3-4 weeks. That is 2-3 pounds a day! You should maybe see a doctor.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Croissant;4744750]When I first stopped drinking, I think hoping I would lose weight was really important to me.

Disappointingly, despite a very healthy diet, no sweets in the beginning....I only got rid of a few pounds.

I was REALLY disappointed. Like, as if I hadn't given up enough already, surely I deserved to lose weight for my big sacrifice?

Yeah....that's Mr AV bratty voice, right there...thinking we deserve a reward for every sacrifice we make in life.

Sobriety Lesson No.1 - Life happens in it's own good time!

Great lesson!!! My stupid AV is saying you're gaining you should start drinking again so you lose weight.

Riiiight!!!!! How about I stop eating junk instead
Old 06-27-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

It's been a short time for me but my weight is staying steady. I think it's because I'm replacing the empty calories with actual nutrients, and then training consistently, which burns off fat but also helps to add muscle mass. Maybe it just evens out in the end, but it's also a thousand times healthier to do what I'm doing now.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I lost 70 lbs over about six months. In the past three years I've gained 10 lbs back, so I guess I've maintained fairly well. About to start exercising again and go on a diet to try and lose 15-20 lbs.