Notices

This darn depression

Old 06-25-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This darn depression

3rd day in a row of feeling down. Started out ok but still struggling. Thankful that I'm popping Antabuse for a couple of weeks. Hoping to be over the hump soon. I was getting desperate and started looking up ways to raise my dopamine levels and all I found was eat a banana, take b6 and excercise. I almost bought one of those e cigs without the nicotine just so I would have something. Doesn't seem like my ad's are really doing a lot right now. Anyway, such is life. C'mon sleep.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Where oh where can my dopamine be? Oh where can it be?
Old 06-25-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Olometal,

How's your diet? Are you taking Has your doctor checked you out? Are you getting enough sun?

For the meantime, do you have any support groups that you can visit for support?

Stick around.

Love from Lenina
Old 06-26-2014, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Olometal, How's your diet? Are you taking Has your doctor checked you out? Are you getting enough sun? For the meantime, do you have any support groups that you can visit for support? Stick around. Love from Lenina
Hey ther. I start seeing a counselor next week. Diet is so so. Started running again which has helped some. Just didn't realize how bummed I would be and flipping tired. It's like I can't sleep enough.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hang in there olo, it gets better. Runs or going for walks is great. get that fresh air into your lungs and some sun on your face. Try to keep busy even if it just doing anything to keep your hands and mind busy.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Eat foods with B vitamins - meat (animal products), breads. More carbs than you would normally eat in the early days of sobriety. It will help. Alcohol is a sugar, and your brain is used to bumping that receptor. Replace it with carbs in the early days - online recovery diets recommend this, too.

Sleep. Water. Exercise. Time.

That's what worked for me.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Eat foods with B vitamins - meat (animal products), breads. More carbs than you would normally eat in the early days of sobriety. It will help. Alcohol is a sugar, and your brain is used to bumping that receptor. Replace it with carbs in the early days - online recovery diets recommend this, too. Sleep. Water. Exercise. Time. That's what worked for me.
. Thank you. I have some steaks in the freezer. Thinking I'm gonna grill those tonight.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

In addition to Bimini's great advice...and if you're looking for extra Dopamine ammo. I would give an L-Tyrosine supplement a go before an e-cigarette. I believe they also need B-vitamins (maybe B6 specifically?) to work. With L-Ty...you need to take them on an empty stomach..about 30 minutes before any protein...or 2 hours after protein.

Just a thought.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there, olometal! The first month or two is crazy; your brain is going haywire over the change in body chemistry. It's pretty normal to feel a whirlwind in your mind, it would be weird if you didn't. It will smooth out and normalize. It's like the turbulence during takeoff, it gets smoother at cruising altitude.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through!! You can do this!!
Old 06-27-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Depression sucks. I have it too. Hope you feel better