Notices

30 days

Old 06-25-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30 days

I am so happy to be able to say that I have not touched a drink for 30 days. My life is changing in ways that I never thought possible. Every day is a bright, sunshiny day ... even when it's cloudy. I love waking up in the morning with a clear head and calm nerves. Being capable, competent and CALM at work is an added bonus. Actually being present and not just there at every moment of every day. These are the small, everyday things that make sobriety so worthwhile. The bigger changes are things like: looking at the world in a whole new way. Not challenging and fighting every situation to make things go MY way all the time. Just letting stuff go ... and be the way are they going to be without my amazing micro-managing abilities . The lack of stress and feelings of peace because of this new mindset allow me to see what my future sober life will be ... calm waters where I used to create chaos at every turn. Life is easier ... simpler. I don't HAVE to over-think things, nor do I have to try to control every outcome. How freeing that is! My relationships are better, I am much more honest and thoughtful in the way I approach others. I am becoming a better person, a happier and more content person. I am far from the finish line, but this is one race that depends not upon who finishes first, but how much one can grow in the process. I am so grateful to SR and to AA for these changes in me ... I would not be taking the steps that I am without all of you!

Onward ...
Old 06-25-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
boom.jpg (16.5 KB, 74 views)
Old 06-25-2014, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Onward Indeed, Hokey!! Congratulations, I'm so happy you shared your fantastic news. Keep up the great work.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have to admit that post just reeks of pink cloud!!! I can't help it ... I truly DO just feel great. Sure I have my moments and I struggle (though not as much as I probably should? ) and I am aware of that darn cloud, but right now things are good ... and I am sober. When I finally do fall off that cloud, I know that I will have support ... and that keeps me strong.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations and thank you, hokey! That's a very useful report.

My overthinker and multi-tentacled micro-controller are still thrashing around in their tanks but at least I have a little more perspective on them now.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations, sobriety twin!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by hokey View Post
I have to admit that post just reeks of pink cloud!!! I can't help it ... I truly DO just feel great. Sure I have my moments and I struggle (though not as much as I probably should? ) and I am aware of that darn cloud, but right now things are good ... and I am sober. When I finally do fall off that cloud, I know that I will have support ... and that keeps me strong.
Lovely post, Holly

It's been nearly 17 months for me and I'm still on my pink cloud I think there's plenty of room for two!
Old 06-25-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi 'Hokey' Holly - WAY TO GO! You bring a big smile to my face and to my day. Thanks for that.

Keep it up and stay strong.

Old 06-25-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Lovely post, Holly

It's been nearly 17 months for me and I'm still on my pink cloud I think there's plenty of room for two!
Thanks Headlump! That's so encouraging. I keep expecting the bottom to fall out. Good to know it may be this way 16 months from now!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on ,
every day sober is an opportunity taken to do the right thing ,

30 days

m
Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations on thirty days Hokey!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 Days!! Keep it going!!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Great to hear. Good job on 30 days
Old 06-25-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hokey View Post
I am so happy to be able to say that I have not touched a drink for 30 days. My life is changing in ways that I never thought possible. Every day is a bright, sunshiny day ... even when it's cloudy. I love waking up in the morning with a clear head and calm nerves. Being capable, competent and CALM at work is an added bonus. Actually being present and not just there at every moment of every day. These are the small, everyday things that make sobriety so worthwhile. The bigger changes are things like: looking at the world in a whole new way. Not challenging and fighting every situation to make things go MY way all the time. Just letting stuff go ... and be the way are they going to be without my amazing micro-managing abilities . The lack of stress and feelings of peace because of this new mindset allow me to see what my future sober life will be ... calm waters where I used to create chaos at every turn. Life is easier ... simpler. I don't HAVE to over-think things, nor do I have to try to control every outcome. How freeing that is! My relationships are better, I am much more honest and thoughtful in the way I approach others. I am becoming a better person, a happier and more content person. I am far from the finish line, but this is one race that depends not upon who finishes first, but how much one can grow in the process. I am so grateful to SR and to AA for these changes in me ... I would not be taking the steps that I am without all of you!

Onward ...
I feel ya man! I stopped drinking around feb 2014, and I still come out in the mornings feeling great and just take a deep breath enjoying the fresh air.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Wonderful milestone, keep on keeping on!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

congrats hokey. 30 days is great. whether pink cloud or not, you are seeing the benefits. don't lose focus. every time I see your name I think of Hokey Wolf.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
hokey.jpg (71.9 KB, 54 views)
Old 06-25-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

That's where the nickname came from lbrain lol. My brothers came up with that one when we were kids!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Excellent!!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You're doing it!!!! I'm so happy you are seeing such wonderful benefits right out if the gate. Congrats!!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

SUPERLATIVE!
You deserve that PINK CLOUD!