Notices

So unfair

Old 06-25-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So unfair

Hi all this post isnt aimed at anyone i can assure you of that i am just a little upset that i posted here for the first time also same as liquorbeernwine think thats how you say it. Thing is i got the feeling that they werent even serious about giving up alcohol whereas i am funny how it is then that they got so much more support and replies than i did. Doesnt seem right somehow. For the record i have also tried in the past to moderate my drinking and it didnt work. I may only be on day 3 sober but for me that is a big result i just want to keep on going now especially as i have been diagnosed with diabetes type 2 and told to get my weight down. Sorry once again i just felt totally left out. Please forgive me i just wanted to be honest with how i felt. Hope someone on this forum understands where i am coming from. xx
Old 06-25-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3, that is a big deal!

Keep on keeping on!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey, tizzkins! Story you felt left out. That's definitely not the intention here. I don't know why some threads garner more attention than others. I know since I've moved to the west coast and I tend to be on late at night (even for here) my threads get less attention than when I was posting late at night but was in Central Time. You are as welcome here as anyone else is.

Congrats on your sobriety! Making the decision to get sober is one of the most difficult but rewarding decisions once can make. We're all here to support each other and as a member of this group, I feel that I am a part of something much greater than myself. It gives me strength to know that this group is something I love dearly and is constantly helping people.

Do you have any plans for your continued sobriety? Most of us have found help in programs like AA, SMART, AVRT, Rational Recovery and Women for Sobriety to name a few.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yup, congrats on Day 3!!!! that is wonderful!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yah, there is no rhyme or reason why some threads get more replies/attention than others, but plesae don't take it as a personal offence
I've started threads as well that didn't get as much activity as I thought, that's our ego making us feel bad about it! LOL ....everyone is welcome here!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi tizzkins and welcome!

Great job on day 3!!! You can do this!
Old 06-25-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 days, you are awesome.
Really look after yourself now, make sure you are aware of the HALT triggers. ♥
Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR. Congrats on 3 days sober and the decision to find a better way of life. Keep going!
Old 06-25-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks to all who have replied to my post sorry if i seemed on a bit of a downer i just thought it seemed so unfair that someone who didnt seem to be even bothered about getting sober was gaining so much more attention than me who is trying to get sober and needs support. By the way notimetolose what are the halt triggers you spoke about sorry if i am being thick this is all new to me. On previous attempts to give up the drink i have been doing it with no support hope this time with this forum things will be different.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

HALT = Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired.

These four things alone or combined can set your mood off to trigger a craving or a reason to want to escape. If you have a craving think that it may be one of these that is really going on.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tizzkins View Post
By the way notimetolose what are the halt triggers you spoke about sorry if i am being thick this is all new to me. On previous attempts to give up the drink i have been doing it with no support hope this time with this forum things will be different.
HALT: Hungry....Angry...Lonely...Tired

Watch out for these 4, they can potentially trigger us, especially in the early days when we are used to addressing them with alcohol.

Also check out the secular section of this site and read up on the AV (Addictive voice) It really helped me with cravings and triggers...
Old 06-25-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

3 days is great! Congratulations. Keep reading and posting, the support has helped me alot.

Also, on the HALT triggers, I like to add Thirsty along with the Tired. I've found they really do work. If I get a thought of drinking out of nowhere, if I eat or drink something healthy it helps. As for the angry, lonely or tired, recognizing those feelings helps me push through it without turning to a drink to escape it.

Keep going!

Last edited by ForMeForThem; 06-25-2014 at 04:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-25-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Tizzkins - welcome

There's no end to the support here - there is enough for everyone - but I'm glad you spoke up to claim your share.

Do you gave a plan to stay sober?

Look forward to seeing you around

D
Old 06-25-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by tizzkins View Post
i just thought it seemed so unfair that someone who didnt seem to be even bothered about getting sober was gaining so much more attention than me who is trying to get sober and needs support.
Don't take it personally. People who visit a sobriety forum, discuss their problems with alcohol, and then discuss trying to control (vice quit) generally attract a lot of attention. Most of us know that's a dead end street and we want to help the poster see that.

Take it as a sign that we thought you were on the right track already.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Great job on day 3! I, too, have noticed that sometimes inexplicably some posts get really glommed onto while others go largely unnoticed. When someone has relapsed or is about to relapse, those posts really get a lot of attention. In the past, I've actually allowed that to cause me to wander off and not come back. It even happens in the real world with me. People just tend to not hang around me for long and I can't figure out why. I've also tried to make myself more visible by posting more as well. Sometimes that helps.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

And sometimes it is quality not quantity.

There have been times I read a post and three people have replied and already said what I would have said so no need for me to post just to say the same thing.

The more replies does not always mean more content.

That said, I think we all try to reply as quickly as possible.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I assure you that was not support I was giving to LBW re: moderation.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hey Tizzkins, I'm also on day 3, live in the UK so will be on the same time zone. Will PM you tomorrow to wish you a happy 4 days sober, along with myself. Lets do this day by day
Old 06-25-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hi, we are all here for you, there is no specific reason for posts gaining more replies than others, maybe it's just the time zone as this is a global forum.

Well done.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Welcome to both Tizzkins and Taffy and many congratulations on day 3!

Going through the heatwave last year was my toughest time at staying sober - and I already had 6 months under my belt so all credit to you both