Notices

frig

Old 06-25-2014, 01:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

frig

I'm so p1ssed off at myself. I have been sober for weeks to the point I stopped counting days sober.
It was last night n we had a celebration. It ended up with us all having a few drinks. I feel awful about this I don't know why I did it.
I know that I am on the sober wagon more then I have drank but I still fell off with a bump.
I much prefer my sober life so I will get back to it but I just thought I should be honest and tell you all what happened. You guys make me be honest and I cannot lie to you all.
Sober is the way forward
Old 06-25-2014, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't be mad with yourself, just get back to living the sober life you prefer...best wishes, you can do it!
Old 06-25-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you zombiegirl! Our secrets keep us sick. I'm only 86 days into my sober lifestyle. I can't be around people that are drinking/using yet. It's too dangerous for my recovery. That sneaky little voice lies to us. Don't listen to it.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Often there's no reason beyond wanting to be part of the gang. We convince ourselves it'll be ok.

Learning to yell for help when a drink seems the most reasonable thing is the world is a big ask....but I think you can do it ZG

Just ask yourself - who do you want to be?

D
Old 06-25-2014, 01:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wanna be a sober me. Feel horrid this morning. Feel light headed and had upset stomach. I'm so so glad that I don't do this anymore n this has confirmed as to why I don't
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zombiegirl View Post
I wanna be a sober me. Feel horrid this morning. Feel light headed and had upset stomach. I'm so so glad that I don't do this anymore n this has confirmed as to why I don't
That's ok zombie girl because you know that you really do hate it now,that is a massive step isn't it?
Old 06-25-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I would like to think so.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hi zombie, something to consider....will this break the sobriety spell? Will you see that you came out relatively ok, and think maybe you can drink from time to time? Do you still see yourself as forever sober?

Not having a go at you in any way, just wondering.
Old 06-25-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

You can learn a great deal from this, zombiegirl. It's fine to be a nondrinker. The great thing is that you solidified your knowledge of a great truth in your life. Keep that close to your heart. When in doubt, hold this truth up to the light and let it shine in your life. Since I have come to accept that I simply cannot and will not drink, I have felt liberated. There is a great freedom in being true and honest to yourself.

Remember that this discomfort will pass. *hugs*
Old 06-25-2014, 02:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi zombie, something to consider....will this break the sobriety spell? Will you see that you came out relatively ok, and think maybe you can drink from time to time? Do you still see yourself as forever sober?

Not having a go at you in any way, just wondering.

Hiya, no it won't break the spell as I realised once I started I found it hard to stop.
I think sometimes people and life give you tests and I believe I failed last night but I know that I didn't enjoy it at thr time I found it tedious. I hate when I don't drink around family n friends they either think im pregnant or take the p1ss.
Today I feel horrid and I would rather have the micky taken then feel crap for the day.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Knowing you can't stop once you start is wisdom, and that is a powerful force. Hold on to that.

I wish I had some wisdom to share with you about coping with the teasing and such from other people, but in my case I've either cut off all contact with those people or they already know I'm in recovery and how seriously I protect my sobriety. I've learned not to be ashamed of becoming addicted to a highly addictive drug.

How important are those people in your life? Do you think they should be included in your new sober life? What do you plan on doing the next time you get together for a celebration? How far are you willing to go to stay sober? Do you have people in your life who are supportive of your choice to get and stay well?

Those are questions I've been working on myself.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zombiegirl View Post
I think sometimes people and life give you tests and I believe I failed last night
Maybe the test wasn't about your ability to abstain from alcohol. Maybe the test was more about figuring out who you can count on to be supportive of your goals.