Notices

Why some leave and then what happens

Old 06-23-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome back, TheMiddlePath - it's great that you decided to use SR again. For me, being active here was The Method that I think saved my life in the first place although I only tried a few other approaches later while already a few months into sobriety.

Sometimes I think that I spend excessive time on SR now, but then I remember the suggestions that we should really focus on our recovery at least during the first year, so I do.

I also think I would really miss some people here if they disappeared, not only because I find their contributions very helpful to me, but also because I just enjoy the experience, brilliance, insights, honesty, compassion - whatever it is. But yeah people definitely come and go here, every one of us walks their own road. For me, my instinct currently is that I absolutely should not stop or even take any sort of longer break. But yes recovery should be a complex process, so it's also important that we deal with and take care of our 3D world.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi, TheMiddlePath. I may have been the OP of that thread from March 2014, when I wondered where people go when they leave SR. I was 7 months sober at the time and was tired of thinking about alcohol, alcoholism, and how not to pick up that first drink. I wasn't feeling a relapse coming on, I just wanted to give my brain a break from the preoccupation that I seemed to have with alcoholism.

So I left SR. I thought I was leaving to go try and live my life like normal, sober people. I forgot of course that I am not a normal sober person. I continued to think about alcoholism as much away from SR as I did when I was here. All I had done was cut the camaraderie and support that I had received while here at SR. I didn't relapse. But I wasn't any happier.

So I came back. And I haven't left since. In hindsight, I should have never left. It was a dumb idea. At least for me.

Anyway, I am sorry you relapsed. But I am glad you are back with us.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

so easy to slip, isn't it.... have been very tempted... but have now had neighbours and boyfriend round with drinks and said no... but that little thought still flickers... I just actively switch it off...
Thanks for the warning of the day that we think we're ok and can manage with one little glass.... I will be extra mindful of when that day comes to ignore that voice.

In it for the long haul.... and appreciate you all helping me along the way...hope I can help you all too :-)
Old 06-28-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
instant

A daily dose (or there abouts) of SR has helped me stay sober for three years. I used to "need" to come here. I have not needed too for ages, but for me SR is part of what is working for me - its not a hardship
Old 06-28-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back TMP

Old 06-28-2014, 05:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I went away several times.
And luckely I came back.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

TMP --- You're back and that's all that matters.