Notices

questions for the seasoned and in recovery

Old 06-23-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freshstart57 View Post
desypete, it seems as though our experiences are not the same at all. What I see is missing from your past experience was your lack of that vow to quit drinking for good. This is how you decided that you could try a drink or two to see what happened.

I am glad you have found sobriety now, and wish you well.
sorry i must of missed that part out as after my last court appearance for even more drunken abuse i took a vow i wouldn't ever drink again and i mean it to. i went to aa for help and stuck around for a few years as i learned a lot but in the end all those drunken war storys were people ended up 24 / 7 drinking or losing there familys or even ended up living out on the street just didnt seem to fit me as i was different so i left aa

like i said it went on for 15 years but in the end i went back on it and i wish you all the best my friend and i only hope in years down the line it isnt you typeing up a message like i do were you lost it all

as belive me if only i could turn the clocks back to when i was in my 20s again i would never of left aa as i know what would be coming for me in later years
but of course not everyone is like me and maybe thats the problem i dont see is maybe your drinking isnt like mine at all in which case anyone can quit and stay stopped if they choose to
Old 06-26-2014, 07:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I have had a long week at work so I had not seen all the responses. I want to thank each and every one of you for your varied responses and well wishes. It opened a discussion and proves how individual this problem really is. There is no right or wrong answer..just what works for you. I think for me..I'll just be a person who doesn't drink. Love to all.