SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   needin someone (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/33625-needin-someone.html)

shyguy28 07-10-2004 10:17 PM

needin someone

hi , im a 28 year old male looking to completely make a 180 in my life. im nervous and scared as hell, so sorry if this sounds ridiculous

s4s 07-10-2004 11:25 PM

No it does not sound ridiculous. What exciting plans do you have in store?

shyguy28 07-10-2004 11:34 PM

im actually thinking about checking into a 30 day program.I need to quit smoking pot . I t is destroying my life. im very depressed also and just dont have a set of ears i can trust. hope to talk some more. David

godsonmyside 07-11-2004 01:00 AM

David, Im an addict named Todd, Its ok, we have all been right where your at. Go to the rehab, take the suggestions, Try AA/NA, go from there. Keep posting here and we can do this together, you are not alone, and you never have to use again, Just For Today.

sherbear5104 07-11-2004 06:32 AM

David, I'm an addict named Sherry. I agree with what Todd said. We have all been there. We have found a new way of life now, through NA, and have learned that as long as we don't pick up, we can get through anything. Check out some of the posts on the Narcotics Anonymous forum here. Take it one day at a time. Keep posting.

lizzy81001 07-11-2004 07:38 PM

hey david. also a fellow pothead here. keep posting, reading all the threads. in my opinion, pot exacerbates or even causes some depression, anxiety, and countless other mind problems. do what you need to do for you. hope you like it here. everyone is here to listen and support

needtogrowup 07-12-2004 12:03 PM

Hi...Agree w lizzy, I also am a pothead..and without this site..I would not be on day 12. Lizzy, ann25, figet, tregger, have helped me with my soberity..You will find encouragement and understanding and love..here..keep posting and know that you are not alone.Hung in there...will listen randa..

2stop 07-12-2004 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome David!!!!!! So glad you found us....Come on in and sit awhile....lots of grest 'ears' here. You can have peace in your life. Look at all the links and info on the site....talk to us hre. There IS a way. You have the willing..God will find a way.....Hang in there!

((((((((((Warm Welcome Hugs))))))))

Anna 07-12-2004 02:09 PM

Welcome David,

I'm glad you found us. Everyone's pretty friendly around here so make yourself at home. Hang around and get to know us.

Anna

MootPoint 07-12-2004 03:20 PM

Welcome David!
Addict and alcoholic named Ann here.

There are plenty of ears here. Check out the substance abuse forum too.

I'd really suggest going into that 30 day rehab! THen following it up with some NA.

Randa..... congrats on day 12!

kimmie72 07-12-2004 06:25 PM

Welcome, David!!

Kimmie

Shakur T. 07-12-2004 07:29 PM

Peace and Blessings David,
Glad you could join us! I can identify with you. Scared, confused, angry and alone...
"In desperation we sought each other."
If you have a chance to go to Rehab, by all means give it a shot. What do you have to lose, except maybe a drug habit? Give yourself a break, try going to some meetings, listen and talk to others who have been where you are and keep coming back. I did...
Peace, your friend in recovery, Shakur :turn:

Chy 07-12-2004 09:22 PM

Hi David,

Those of us in recovery were in your shoes. You can take control, it will be okay when your ready, and know you'll have a great deal of support here. Keep coming back, there's an amazing community here who understands.

1_day@_a_time 07-12-2004 09:34 PM

David, I'm a hopeless garden variety alcoholic that drank and got high for almost 30 yrs. I pulled a 180, so can you! You've got to be sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Are you willing to go to any lengths to get sober?

Tom, sober now..........

behind blue eyes 07-13-2004 08:02 AM

nervous and scared are good feelings, they will pass as you get sometime behind you, stick with it kid. it truly is an amazing journey!

lulu70 07-13-2004 08:13 AM

Your friend in recovery.

Hey David--Lulu here. I sent you a reply to your PM. Did you get it? I think it is absolutely great that you are considering going to rehab. It was a Godsend for me. Keep posting and keep hanging in there. You can do it with help. None of us are really alone when we seek out the help of other addicts. I know the struggle with pot. I have been there. Life is much better now. It will get better for you too. If you have any questions about what rehab is like, let me know.

Keep posting!!!