Notices

Day 5....Much better progress than I could imagine

Old 06-21-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5....Much better progress than I could imagine

Well day 5 today and as much as of course I am still all over the place, I've managed to so far have some breakfast, had a little workout at the gym, met 2 friends and had some lunch (felt terrible after the lunch) then went for a walk through the local shopping centre where we had lunch.

I must admit, the noise in the centre got a bit much quite quickly so headed home and now chilling on the sofa. But I've bought lots of fruit, plenty of water, now watching some TV.

I was sort of wandering and mind wandering a bit and I am really, really tired now - but I guess I can't expect miracles and this seems like really good progress for me for only day 5.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay! Well done.

Yes, it takes some time for the brain to process the healthy change. Everything did seem way too loud and way too confusing for me at first. I watched a lot of movies and documentaries and slept and ate for the first month.

Weird how we don't know how bad we've gotten.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 5 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go, lad. Sounds like you're in a great spot (mentally and in physical location ). Keep it up. It can take awhile but each day will get a little bit less jangled. You're on your way.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I liked reading how you knew when it was time to reroute yourself back home when your environment got to kooky...this is great! It is sooooo important to take care of your body, mind, and soul during the first weeks. The healing process does take time. Continue to be gentle with yourself...you are worth it!
Old 06-21-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi GlasgowLad, congratulations on day 5
Old 06-21-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done! I'm on day 5 as well and I like how you're dealing with it. Working out, meeting up with friends, getting fruit and water. It's good to be active and put healthy things in your body. And take rest when you need it.

I recognize being tired, though for me that was only present in the first couple of days. I guess that different people have different experiences. But if you were able to work out and meet up with friends in the first place, instead of being too tired to do anything, that's great! And I suppose that it'll go away soon.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hj003 View Post
Well done! I'm on day 5 as well and I like how you're dealing with it. Working out, meeting up with friends, getting fruit and water. It's good to be active and put healthy things in your body. And take rest when you need it.

I recognize being tired, though for me that was only present in the first couple of days. I guess that different people have different experiences. But if you were able to work out and meet up with friends in the first place, instead of being too tired to do anything, that's great! And I suppose that it'll go away soon.
Nice one, good on you for day 5 as well. Keep me informed with how the rest of your recovery progresses! And good luck with it
Old 06-21-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

congrats to both of youz on day 5.