Notices

Rough week.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough week.

It looks like I am not alone as far as trials are concerned. My anxiety has been through the roof since my dr. called and told me I have an abnormal pap. I have always had health anxiety my entire life and for her to call me with this has turned me into a basket case. All I do is google symptoms and am convinced this is it for me. I have completely lost my appetite since talking to her, she specifically told me not to worry that whatever it is if it is anything is definitely treatable. However after a week of thinking about it I am going crazy and have developed all sorts of symptoms. I just feel like there is no relief!!!!!!!!
My brother helped me out a bit since he suffers from extreme OCD and I've always been convinced that I was dying of one thing or another. I finally have made a pact not to google anymore because it is agonizing. I'm driving my husband crazy. I just feel so badly caught up in terror most of the time. Sorry I know this sounds dramatic but I feel kind of paralyzed or frozen.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try to stay away from Dr. Google, cusper; trust your doctor that whatever it is, there are good treatments available. Do you have follow-up tests scheduled?
Old 06-20-2014, 06:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there
Old 06-20-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not yet, that's also what is so frustrating. I know that she was probably afraid to call me because I am such a freak when it comes to anxiety/health. They are supposed to schedule an appointment with someone within the next week.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear Custer

Abnormal Pap smear happens all the time, you need to take a deep breath and relax...... The are many reason why it's not perfect, ( don't know your age) by she will probably do another Pap smear in 3 or 6 months, instead of waiting 1 year..... An abnormal Pap smears don't NOT MEAN CANCER OR DEATH....
Stop google all the information on line, and if you have real issue and are very unsure, call your doctor back, either her or her nurse can explained things in details..... And I know all this, because I am a nurse and gynecology is my specialty.....
Old 06-20-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have to go for a colcoscopy. I am 38.
Old 06-21-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dr Google is a bad idea, hang in there!!