Notices

Shouldnt have but did

Old 06-20-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Shouldnt have but did

Well got to day 30 today and i ended up having some beers this afternoon about an hour or so ago! As some of you know I already planned to have a drink today because I felt I couldn't do without alcohol, I must have forgot how BAD it feels to be a drinker because I feel groggy and depressed!

I was goona have some beers and then do another month sober and then repeat so on n so forth, naaaah aint goona happen this feels sooooo yucky! Any of you folk out there wanting a drink DONT do it, not worthit!

Well tomorrow will be day one and this time I will NOT romanticise alcohol as if its a wonderful thing!

Sorry guys Il do better next time!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no need to apologize ! You're doing fine and just discovered something you needed to discover. Now you know, now you can do better - and you will. Just jump back on the Sober Horse,keep riding and look for the positives on this path. You're doing just fine !
Old 06-20-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Any of you folk out there wanting a drink DONT do it, not worthit!
Wasn't that the advice you got? At times the only lessons we learn are the ones we teach ourselves. Too bad such learning involves so much suffering.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the encouragement, I always used to do 3 or 4 days sober then jump straight back to the bottle, but 30 days was the longest ever! Im proud of that and im goona keep going!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Wasn't that the advice you got? At times the only lessons we learn are the ones we teach ourselves. Too bad such learning involves so much suffering.
Indeed I should have taken my own advice yes, I own up to that!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Your post helped me so much. I am day 36 and struggling. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope I can learn from what you are saying without having to experience it myself. Thank you.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad your experience with beers today sucked.

Welcome back.

Old 06-20-2014, 09:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you ! See, you're already doing immensely better ! And you've gave yourself 30 clean days to see what it was like on this side vs. the drunk side. Now, you know the difference ! Which one felt better to you ? Can you remember the crappy downside next time drinking thoughts cross your mind ? Be prepared and you'll beat those thoughts away . Just keep giving yourself the gift of another sober day - one day at a time. You're doing awesome !
Old 06-20-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Achingforchange View Post
Your post helped me so much. I am day 36 and struggling. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope I can learn from what you are saying without having to experience it myself. Thank you.

You are welcome Trust me this was the biggest anti climax ever!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
I'm glad your experience with beers today sucked.

Welcome back.

Proper sucked! before when I used to relapse on day 4 or 5 I loved the feeling but after 30 days something has changed! Well like I say tomorrow is day 1 which will turn into many other days/weeks/ months etc
Old 06-20-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can see six months just over the horizon and let me tell you; from here the view is spectacular.

keep on it!!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Sometimes we have to convince ourselves just a little bit more. I know I did quite a few times!!!

So, are you stopping now or you gonna keep drinking the night through? I hope you're able to stop. Good for you for getting right back on here and being honest! You've showed you can do it, so let tomorrow be day 1 and get a plan of action, like AA or some 12 step program and get going!

Pulling for you!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Sometimes we have to convince ourselves just a little bit more. I know I did quite a few times!!!

So, are you stopping now or you gonna keep drinking the night through? I hope you're able to stop. Good for you for getting right back on here and being honest! You've showed you can do it, so let tomorrow be day 1 and get a plan of action, like AA or some 12 step program and get going!

Pulling for you!
Think im pretty much done for today, don't wanna be hungover tomorrow!! Ive always avoided AA but a mate of mine is there with 6 years sober so maybe its time I go and just give it a go and see if it helps
Old 06-20-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Think im pretty much done for today, don't wanna be hungover tomorrow!! Ive always avoided AA but a mate of mine is there with 6 years sober so maybe its time I go and just give it a go and see if it helps
Sounds like a plan to me buddy! Keep me posted and all the best to you!

I've been there...
Old 06-20-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Will do mate will do
Old 06-20-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thanks for the post chilled...Day 41 here and wanted a glass of wine SO BAD yesterday. This weekend marks the weekend when I would have been scheduled for my next bender, luckily...I do have a plan in action to avoid that but your post definitely just confirmed it....

get back on that wagon buddy
Old 06-20-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Ive always avoided AA but a mate of mine is there with 6 years sober so maybe its time I go and just give it a go and see if it helps
It can help to get out of your comfort zone. Going to AA meetings at least got me thinking. I'm now reading the literature and working through the Steps. There's a lot in AA and the literature that can help even if you find issue with some of the philosophy. Keep an open mind.

Great job in stopping the drinking today! It's truly not all our minds make it out to be
Old 06-20-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Well tomorrow will be day one and this time I will NOT romanticise alcohol as if its a wonderful thing!
!
Sorry to hear you decided to drink, but it sounds like you learned in practice what you already knew. Use the experience and move on.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Im also goona arrange an appointment with a therapist at an establishment called mind tomorrow. I need to get this emotional pain sorted! Im goona get sober but damnit im goona have a good quality of sobriety aswell!!
Old 06-20-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey chilled ,
soz to hear about it but i'm glad your back up and here

Drinking doesn't change for me .. when i do the same old thing … the same old thing happens …
Somewhere along the line the enjoyment went and it ended up being "just something i did" and it grew to life threatening levels ..

I look back now and wonder, just what was i thinking. I can only describe it as some kind of baffling madness .. It's a lot easier to just drop it completely, admit and accept i can't have it all and that me + alcohol = disaster .
Then and work at making a sober life as bearable and as good as possible , howsoever you can achieve that , via the steps or whatever …

Thanks for convincing me today that i'm right in thinking nothing has changed ,

Keep on ,

Bestwishes, m