SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Trying To Get Sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/335973-trying-get-sober.html)

Sobi 06-19-2014 06:14 PM

Trying To Get Sober

I am addicted to drinking and smoking weed. I have tried for years to get sober. I am actually 9 and a half years clean of coke/meth. That was actually easy for me but this is hard. I am finally to a point in my life I am ready to give it up. I never thought I would. I've tried meetings and they are not for me and rehab either so I figured I would start here. So Hello Everyone!!!! I look forward to this journey!!!!!

br33zyjbaby 06-19-2014 06:18 PM

Welcome! I too was the heavy pot smoking binge drinker. I had tried a few times in the past to quit both or one or the other...failed every time. I finally put my foot down when I crashed my vehicle driving drunk twice in the same night. I am celebrating 30 days of complete sobriety today! The immense amount of support and praise I've received from text messages to flowers and just the overall well being of my physical self has really made it all worth it. I work in a bar and it's the hardest thing to do to refuse a shot or a patron margarita. But it is ALL WORTH IT. Stay strong and come here often for support. It helps immensely. :-)

megacrankcase 06-19-2014 06:19 PM

Welcome. I think we've all been where you are. Booze and weed were my things, too. I never could afford much coke!

I never dreamed I would have the strength to go without a drink or a toke as long as I have. If you want it badly enough, you can do it!

Hevyn 06-19-2014 06:35 PM

Hi Sobi - it's great to meet you.

I'm glad you've made the important decision to change your life. I was so scared to let go of 'my friend' - but in the end I was exhausted and miserable from trying to control what I drank. I was actually relieved when it was out of my life. I think it will really help you to be here - we're with you.

Sobi 06-19-2014 07:18 PM

thanks you all so much for your support and positive words they mean so much to me!!!

Sobi 06-19-2014 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by br33zyjbaby (Post 4729110)
Welcome! I too was the heavy pot smoking binge drinker. I had tried a few times in the past to quit both or one or the other...failed every time. I finally put my foot down when I crashed my vehicle driving drunk twice in the same night. I am celebrating 30 days of complete sobriety today! The immense amount of support and praise I've received from text messages to flowers and just the overall well being of my physical self has really made it all worth it. I work in a bar and it's the hardest thing to do to refuse a shot or a patron margarita. But it is ALL WORTH IT. Stay strong and come here often for support. It helps immensely. :-)

that's amazing you work at a bar and are able to stay sober!!!! that is some strength you have!!! congrats on your 30 days!!! :)

least 06-19-2014 07:22 PM

Welcome to the family. :) I'm glad you joined us. I hope the awesome support here can help you get sober for good. :hug:

PurpleKnight 06-20-2014 01:15 AM

Welcome to the Forum!! Great to have you onboard!! :wave: