Notices

Brainwave entrainment

Old 06-19-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brainwave entrainment

Anyone tried it?. What did you think?
Old 06-19-2014, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've never heard of it, I'll have to do a web search.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Never tried it, did a little reading on it, not sure its my thing. I prefer my entertainment to be mindlessly staring at the tv during football and basketball season :\
Old 06-20-2014, 01:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'll check it out, sounds StarTrek worthy so I'm in
Old 06-20-2014, 01:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ion-audio.html

Haennie posted this a few days ago. Is this what you're talking about?
Old 06-20-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep I do it and I like it. The science of its not really there but I enjoyed used it for my first month. Since then Ive got a lot more calm and dont seem to need it as much. It is a good escape though.

Please let me know what ones you're trying, Im always keen to try different ones.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
Yep I do it and I like it. The science of its not really there but I enjoyed used it for my first month. Since then Ive got a lot more calm and dont seem to need it as much. It is a good escape though. Please let me know what ones you're trying, Im always keen to try different ones.

I've only used it a few times and as carefully as possible. So far I've done a few thirty minute Delta sessions and I've never had to restart it before I fall asleep which is uncommon for me, but I did notice I was a bit sluggish the next day for the first couple times so I started playing a ten to fifteen minute Beta session on th following mornings to get back into my normal state. I've really only used it to relieve stress and sleep better but it's crazy how many different types there are.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ion-audio.html Haennie posted this a few days ago. Is this what you're talking about?

I believe it is the same general form of meditation she was talking about, yes.

I couldn't describe it correctly if I tried cause There's quite a bit of information involved but basically there's about 4 or 5 basic mind states it follows and depending on what you're trying to accomplish, whether it be sleeping deeper to pain and stress relief all the way to extreme focus or motivation. It's usually two separate very faint sounds that you focus in on and it starts a rhythm with your brainwaves. I'm sure googling it would be a lot easier to understand than my description but I am very interested in it, just in small amounts. I did research and it's been used for decades by older psychiatrists but stayed under the radar and there have been no known side effects other than that it's not recommended for people with epilepsy.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

in the star trek 'dagger of the mind' episode a device called the nueral nuetralizer was the predecessor to this "science". of course it had to be tweeked - a lot.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eliza24 View Post
I've only used it a few times and as carefully as possible. So far I've done a few thirty minute Delta sessions and I've never had to restart it before I fall asleep which is uncommon for me, but I did notice I was a bit sluggish the next day for the first couple times so I started playing a ten to fifteen minute Beta session on th following mornings to get back into my normal state. I've really only used it to relieve stress and sleep better but it's crazy how many different types there are.
Maybe try theta. I found that the binaural beats was not as good as Isotronic, binaural is like an older version.

I read an interesting book called Integrative Recovery by John Dupey. Fits in with other recovery methods but talks about working on all our different levels (physical, emotional, mental, ethical) he uses brain entrainment because he believes it helps heal mental and emotional level issues in early recovery. Even upsets caused by emotion traumas.

Overall though I have to tell you science has not been able to verify it as having any measurable effect.

But if it works and you find it relaxing use it, Thats why I still use it.