Notices

Attempt to a New Me :)

Old 06-19-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Attempt to a New Me :)

It happened again, yesterday I had my so many glasses and today I could not remember some of the events. This really upsets me and has prompted me to do something about it. I have ordered a medication, not sure if I can mention here or not, so I won't. Loooking forward to get it in the mail! The ideal for me would be having control over my drinking but I may have to come to terms that I need to cut it completely! I'm looking forward to exchange experiences in this forum! Gracias
Old 06-19-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Kapua
Welcome!

I think most of us try to cut down and fail to do so. If complete abstinence is an option for you, I hope you take it.

As for meds I realise it's your call, but I really think it's best you see a Dr and get them to prescribe things rather than self medicating, especially if you're already on other meds, or have any existing health problems?

D
Old 06-19-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope you make the jump to permanent sobriety, for many of us it's a lot easier then spending all our energy trying to control something that we will never be able to.

As Dee said, a quick doctor visit is wise and safer.

Best of luck to you on your journey!
Old 06-19-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kapua,
Welcome!
There aren't too many people here trying to moderate their drinking but I would guess that most tried at some point early in our drinking careers. I know I've tried several times.

I can only speak for me so I will. Even if I had a stretch of controlling it eventually I ended right back where I started. Every time. Eventually I gave that idea up completely since it never worked for long.

It was kind of a sad day for me when I realized that I just don't drink like normal people. It kind of also was the beginning of me not knowing what I was going to do. Keep it up or give it up. After plenty of years of getting drunk, being hungover, feeling like I let myself down because most times I didn't ever really want to drink as much as I did...I just always ended up doing just that. It got mighty old.

So without too many details but an ol so familiar story, it was time to give it up completely.

For whatever your reasons or whatever it is that's causing you trouble, should you ever decide it's got to go. We are here. You will find nothing but support.

Ask any questions you want. I had plenty when I first thought about this too.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Fourm!!

Once I figured out I had no control of my drinking, things got easier, not having that 1st drink has made such a difference to my life!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!!
Old 06-20-2014, 01:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, and welcome. I read the forum here for a week or two before I got serious enough to join. I will also say moderation does not work for me. Best of luck. Please see a doctor if you can. Was no joke, is no joke, for me anyway. It was and is rough.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Smile

thanksThank you to all of you for your support. I make a joke: I drink socially, the matter is that I'm SOO social Jokes aside, I don't have withdraw issues, I can be next to people drinking without having a sip, or I can also have two or three and be done. I don't have hangovers, but if I'm at home cooking, typically I like to have wine and it depends how long it takes for the cooking I may drink the whole bottle.... That is something that I'd like to change... At parties, i get engaged in conversations and drinking is secoondary... I work full time, raise a boy and I'm a happy person, meaning: no depression, there is always concers or issues but that his life. Thank You very much for taking your time! I will keep posting... Wishing you all a happy weekend! Tania
Old 06-20-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you for your kindness! Kapua