Notices

Hello! Looking for some help

Old 06-20-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Meddle

Hello! Looking for some help

Hi, this is my first time on this site, or any site like this really.
I wasn't sure where to post, and was kind of scared to post anything at all to be honest. I'm a 27 year old female and I have been struggling with alcohol since 2007. I am at the point now where I rarely drink, which is big for me. I used to consume 750ml of vodka a day... sometimes more. A lot has happened in the last 4 years, including a few deaths of family, my house burnt down and it's been hard. I wont know for sure until later today but there is a 99% chance I am pregnant. Ive been with the same man since 2005, and he's scared and is already talking about abortion, which breaks my heart. It was not planned, but either way I'm very scared. I drank VERY heavily the weekend of June 1st, and twice since then. I am very worried it will have harmed the baby, not sure what else to call it at this point, and I didn't mean for that to sound harsh if it did. I am very lost and confused at the moment, and the sad thing is since finding out I feel like drinking, which just makes me feel so much worse.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Hi Meddie -

Firstly, I know you are scared, feeling alone and wondering where to turn. But there truly aren't any REAL answers at the bottom of the bottle. And, I know I don't need to tell you this but if you are infact pregnant, and you continue to drink, and choose to bring the pregnancy to term, your real problems will have just begun.

I know many women, present company included, who drank, quite heavily mind you , prior to knowing we were pregnant. Every one of our babies are fine. FINE.

That's not to say you don't need to stop. Now. And assess, with a clear head, what is going on and what you are going to do.

Sounds to me like this all could be the miracle you have been waitng for..

I'll be thinking about you..

XO AO
Old 06-20-2014, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Meddle, first of all congratulations on your pregnancy! I was a situation much like yourself. My partner did not want more children and abortion was the only conversation about the pregnancy...... I drank allot during the first 5 weeks of my pregnancy, mainly becuase I did not know I was pregnant, and then after the test was positive, I went onto drink 4-5 bottles of wine over a two day period. I'm thankful to say my child was ok and nothing was wrong with her, at all! During my pregnancy I read up on FAS on a daily basis. I managed to not drink throughout the remainder of the pregnancy. However, this was no the case the second time around. I drank almost everyday and had a four month break towards the last trimesters. This time I was convinced the baby was going to have FAS. I stupidly never talked about my addiction and no health professional ever guessed I had a problem. The reason I drank during my second pregnancy was because I was under so much pressure, my partner did not another baby, our first child was only 18 months. I was working and trying to spend time with my first child. I had huge family problems......it was all too much to try and deal with, without alcohol. My second baby came and was perfect. The guilt I still feel today, completely blows my mind. I look at her and cannot believe I could be so selfish and irresponsible! I feel I took her precious time in my womb for granted. I can only thank a god she was born without any disabilities. Good luck and try your best to think about what is best for you and the little one inside you. x
Old 06-20-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Meddle!!

Alcohol as you already know is not going to make things better, but only worse, have a look around the Forum, you'll find loads of support here!!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Meddle

Thank you for your reply.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, Meddle. You will find a lot of support and helpful advice from the good people here. I don't have any advice to give. But I want you to know that you are among friends.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I'm glad you joined us.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

welcome Meddle.
you'll find all kinds of support and good advice here!
Old 06-20-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Meddle

Welcome - I hope you'll keep us updated on your news.
If you are pregnant, like others have said the great likelihood is your baby would be fine.

D
Old 06-20-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
I am very lost and confused at the moment, and the sad thing is since finding out I feel like drinking, which just makes me feel so much worse.
You're not alone in feeling that way. In my early 20s I was already struggling with my drinking and ended up pregnant by my sister's ex-boyfriend. (I know, it's awful). The day my Dr. told me I was 8 weeks pregnant I went home and drank a bottle of vodka. (I know that's awful too)

I promise that drinking will not help you feel better about anything, it will probably do the opposite. It's a tough situation to be in and my heart goes out to you. We're here to support you 24/7 no matter what happens so I hope you will keep posting.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Meddle I can't even imagine what you are going through. Just know that there are people that are thinking of you and praying for you.